Hi from Winlock, WA

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

I sent my sister - happyoutside - the address of a website where I ordered a plant. She was looking around there and found this link. She told me how wonderful it is. I've been here for a couple of hours now and she's right - I'm glad I finally made it. I always say "I'm a little slow but I get there eventually." ;-) Hope to get to know everybody and be able to contribute.

Thumbnail by msantique
So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome msantique. There a wealth if information here.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Welcome to Dave's Garden!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Where's Winlock? Are you in Eastern WA?

Welcome! It's really neat to finally have our own PNW forum.

Gwendalou

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you for the kind welcomes from all of you! Winlock is right in between (about 1/2 hour north and south) of Centralia/Chehalis and Longview/Kelso. Yes, it is great to have this website! Between finding it and spring being here I'm just beside myself. ;-)

Thumbnail by msantique
Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Welcome masntique. I used to practice veterinary medicine in Winlock. I worked out of Toledo and went up there for large animal medicine. This was in the 70's. Long time ago. You still have room there the mass of people haven't taken over yet.
I have talked with your sister Happyoutside she lives in Tonasket and I got her together with Donna who lives there also. You will have lots to read here and lots to talk about.

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank You Soferdig - what a small world! No, the masses aren't here yet but will be on their way with this new glass plant or whatever that is going up between Winlock and Napavine. Yikes, I'm glad we're up in the hills with no place for anyone to move really close by. I hate crowds. As Garbo would say "I just want to be alone." Not really - but sort of! LOL We did get a 'New Egg' a couple of years ago though. Thought you'd love to hear that! Ya, my sis has been really happy with the people she's met on this site. I know I've been snooping around for hours today and didn't get any work done. Guess there's always tomorrow. Love the diaries and journals. What a fantastic way to keep track of our flowers - and everyone else's. My flower beds are looking pretty small in comparison to what I've been seeing here. My body is just hurting with all the ideas I've been outside digging in my mind!!!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You have to go to my garden. I have the most beautiful one. Hee Hee. Look here. http://davesgarden.com/journal/d/t/Soferdig/1717/ I miss the old snow cone I was so used to seeing before it blew up. St Helens. From toledo I looked out my surgery room at its beauty.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Welcome sis, glad you finally jumped in. You will enjoy it I'm sure.
Debbie

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

Ahhhhh gee thanks happy. So far it's been good - and I'm soooooooooo envious of the beautiful gardens these people all have that I'm just going to have to work harder!!! ;-)

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Welcome and nice Hibiscus pic.

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you and thank you growin. One of my very favorite flowers - 'til I see another one bloomin' that is. Maybe because I have to wait forever through the summer for her to bloom that I appreciate it more.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

LOL. I know what you mean. I'm looking for earlier blooming Hibiscus. We just don't have the heat they need. I'm trying out a few different species and hybrids this year and hopefully come up with something that likes our cool-humid summers.

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Ya, and now after i saw pics from Soferdig diaries & journal , now what i will gonna do, ha?? I was almost happy with my ideas...now i guess i will be hapy , that at least, i have nice , soft soil...over here ..LOL .Seriosly I love those pics, gorgeous , gorgeous place.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Welcome, msantique. you don't sound as if you are too terribly far from Hulda Klager's lilacs? There are so many wonderful things in the gardening world fairly close. Enjoy.

Winlock, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank You Lenjo. I think it's about 40 minutes or so. That is the lilac garden in Woodland right? Where is Mount Angel?

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

South of Portland about 40 miles. There are some great nurseries for roses, irises, and on and on all very close.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Hi sis, I got home form Shorline and hurried and made new hummer juice and got someout, (befor I got this ^%&^%$$#@!~ flu bug) but still havent seen a hummer. I think it's still a bit cold over here for the little buggers. Have you seen any more?
Debbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.