never too many plants part 2

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Trunnels,
That was SWEET!

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

trunnels the plant that you have on the fence is it called torenia?? if so do you overwinter it?? do you have a greenhouse that you put any of your plants in??

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, that is torenia -- good eye! Unfortunately it is an annual here and I do not have a greenhouse.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

i was reading up on them cause a nursery close to me has them and is gorgeus...i plan on getting at least one ...anyway, the daves garden information sez that it can be grown as a houseplant...., but that it is an annual...which seems to me is confusing...but i plant on bringing it in in the winter and see what happens....

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I guess if you have it in a movable container that would be great. Unfortunately, mine is attached to the fence. :-)

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Trunnels, I know it's been a while since this thread began, but I have to tell you what a gorgeous garden you have! I wish I had that much space! I have a really small balcony I try to work miracles in, but all I manage to keep there besides the containers are two chairs...
You've really managed to create a wonderful room for relaxing with family and friends, proudly in the midst of your gorgeous pots!

Love

Hiraeth

Pearl River, LA

trunnels I see your in 8b same zone as me... I also have torenia, but mine just make small bushy plants. They come back from seeds every year. Are their different types that get larger or am I starving mine. Shade or Sun...thank you shirleyt

edited to say I forgot to tell you how great your garden is. I love the brick patio. I have been planning to put one under an oak tree. I have it in the planning stage......my head..... lol a girl can dream can't she...

This message was edited Aug 28, 2006 3:35 PM

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Hiraeth! Wow, it is incredible to me that it is so easy now to correspond with someone in Portugal!

Shirley, I don't know of two different kinds. They are in mostly shade but they do get a touch of sun in the afternoon as it moves over the garden room. Thank you for your comments. :-)

Lisbon, Portugal(Zone 10a)

Trunnels... that is so true! I think that sites like this are amazing - we can be worlds away, and still find how close we all are to each other... and no matter how different our countries and cultures may be, there's so much in common between us gardeners all over the world! LOL

... I thought I was the only one with a hubby saying "you have too many plants"... can you believe that???? LOLOLOL

(...by the way, poor DH has given up counting them by now..;-) )

Love

Hiraeth

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

so how many is too many...LOL

Thumbnail by yardqueen1948
Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

how about now...

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

or this..

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

or this...

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

maybe this it...

This message was edited Sep 22, 2006 12:48 AM

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm sure this isn't...

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

and neither is this...

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I think it just depends in how much ground you have to cover. And if you haven't covered ALL the ground, well... it just can't be too many! But wait!!! even if you cover all the ground, there's still hanging baskets...and shelves...and tables...and plant stands ...and fences...trellises...arbors...trees

ROTFLOL

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Lol yardqueen got that right....never to many flowers..!! :o)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Never too many!

Lovely gardens Trunnels!

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, pirl.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.