First perennial up!

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

My Bleeding Heart is out of control. It must be in it's own little microclimate - next to the house and carport. There is another one a few feet away and it is just coming up. Being from FL I am still amazed that entire plants come back from what looks like death! LOL

-Kim

Thumbnail by bluekat76
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Gorgeous Kim! That's why Spring is the most exciting season!

Centreville, VA(Zone 6b)

That's a beauty! Mine is a week or two behind that - it's just now gotten some leaves, like the other one you mentioned that was a few feet away. I can't wait!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Kim - wow!! Ain't spring grand?!!!

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Sometimes you get lucky and plant the right thing in the right place.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

How come your Bleeding Heart is flowering and mine is just starting to bud up? You should be behind me!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Lovely Kim :)

Dea

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm telling ya - it is in a really protected spot. The white dicentra is still leafing out.

Dea - How about that weird snow/sleet/rain this AM? I hope that was the last of winter saying goodbye.

-Kim

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes, Poof..........be gone!

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

The pulmonaria transplant I brought from our old place last October is blooming! And we're having snow flurries today....yuck.

But spring is DEFINITELY on her way!

(I stole this lungwort from a house in our old neighborhood. A former homeowner had beautiful perennials planted at the bottom of a wall bordering a sidewalk where I walked the dog. But they moved, and the new owners had no clue about caring for any of the stuff left behind. It was going to weed & ruin, so I 'saved' it....mwaaahahaaaa...)

Thumbnail by Cheryl_103

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.