BOING!!!!

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

well I'm happy to report that all of tomato seedlings are in the ground now and doing great! My corn also is in the ground and doing well. My other plants were just too leggy or just didn't grow. But I went and bought replacements. But at least my corn and all my tomatoes survived!!!! And they look great!!!!!!

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I wish I could plant enough corn in the EB to make it worth it *sigh* All this talk of seeds is making me itch to order more seeds for fall...bad bad Sequee...

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Sequee should have a warning posted under her name. She is a terrible influence isn't she!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Well, despite what the experienced growers say, I successfully harvested sweet corn on July 4th in Bowie, MD from 4 hills of 3 stalks each. Started indoors and transplanted into a VERY short row.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Darius...I anxiously await my corn's growth. I planted in a spiral this year. Should do great. You know, Darius, I went to college with a guy named Darius.

Noobie, I wasn't always "darius". Changed my name legally in 1984 for business reasons. In those days I was a licensed contractor in a man's field and wanted to run ads. I knew no one would respond to a woman's name, LOL.

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Darius...LOL. Well, then I guess you're not the guy I went to college with! LOL. What do you do now? And I can hijack the thread cuz I started it! :oD

Burkesville, KY(Zone 6b)

I am new at the vegetable garden but I must say I am quite satisfied with what I have so far. I started zucchini, squash, cauliflower, peppers & tomatoes from seeds inside my sun room. I have already plantted zuccini, squash, & cauliflower in the garden. The cauliflower doesn't look like I thought it would by now but the other two are doing well. Is there a trick to cauliflower?? Someone said something about folding the leaves up? I think the tomatoes & peppers are ready to plant as they are about 5 - 6 inches tall. Should I go ahead and put the wire fences around the tomatoes when I plant them. I always bought larger tomato plant before so had to put the wire cages around them. I have already harvested lettuce, radishes & green onions which we planted directly into the garden. Just planted some more seeds last week and they have already sprouted. Is this normal for this area?

Noobie, been away for a week. I'm retired and looking to start a small self-sustainng farm with my younger sister.l

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Darius...you are living my dream. I want to eventually have a working farm with big greenhouses so I can grow and sell plants just for the fun of it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.