Help with a Stump

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

I have an old tree stump aproximately 8-10" high.

How can I make a drepression in the middle of the stump so that I can use it as a planter.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

paul I think if you do a search on DG you will find the answer to this one. I'm sure this subject has been discussed :-)

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Paul, do you have a good large chisel?...lol!! There must be some power tool that would do the trick. Lovely idea to use as a planter!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Paul, all you need is a good ax and several sharp chisels, ranging in size
for shaping and refining. Let your
imagination set you free.

Jerrie

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I heard of a guy who burned out the middle.He used a garbage can with no bottom ,built a fire inside of it and just kept the coals burning and stuffing the can in farther to keep the whole stump from burning.Not sure how deep you want to go,this guy I was talking about did his so deep,when he has parties that's where the keg goes.

paulgrow
Don't know how soon you would like to use as planter but you can use Epsom salts. Put Epsom Salts on the area that you no longer want....cover with plastic bagand then secure with a string or yarn. In a few months it should be rotted enough to remove. Depends on the size of the stump. Might want to check every once in a while cause it can decay the whole stump. Hope this helps.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.