Are these the same white marigolds?

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I'm looking for seeds for that creamy-colored marigold, French Vanilla. Tagetes erecta French Vanilla

So I Google it where I got to the British version of the Thompson Morgan web site. Here it is:
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/1518/1

I'm thinking I need to get to their U.S. site where I could probably find the same thing. Wrong. Maybe. I clicked on Kilimanjaro White out of curiosity and got this:
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/us/en/product/4345/1

They look like the same picture with the same text to me. Am I missing something? Does someone know where I might find seeds for French Vanilla? I've seen it in person at a public garden and really liked it paired with ornamental peppers.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

I just googled tagetes erecta "french vanilla" seeds and got the thompson morgan catalague with french vanilla in there -the us version.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Aha! Thanks bunches, tigerlily! I didn't put in "seeds" when I googled the first time. That must have made the difference. Thought I was losing my mind.

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

No problem- I am growing a new one this year-the larger African marigold called Sweet Cream-very similar in coloring to yours.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I have some of these if you want some.

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Those are perfect, luvs, and I'd be interested. Shall I d-mail you? Thank you!

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

French Vanilla Marigold is only sold by Burpee Seed Company...no other company has the rights to it...so if they're telling you that it's French Vanilla, I'd find it hard to accept...I've grown it for years and it's one of their proprietary species....

Ed

Westford, MA(Zone 5b)

Yes Edder is right. You can usually find French Vanilla in the Burpee seed racks in stores so if you could pick it up without ordering it online. Home Depot and Walmart carry Burpee. At least this info is true in my area of the country (New England).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.