Suggestions for new flower bed...what to put in it?

Chickamauga, GA(Zone 7a)

Hi I just joined last Summer and enjoyed the site alot! I havent been on much all Winter and am now back with a few questions....

I got some crazy idea for my husband to rip up our old flower bed and make a new one that would be built up off the ground.
Well after alot of thinking and who knows if we did it correct or not, we bought a bunch of 2x6 and nailed them together then laid them into the ground a few inches.....I then laid some of the fabric for keeping weeds out (reason I wanted to have a whole new flower bed) and we put our rocks we had for the outline of our old bed around this thing....

Here is what it looks like now..in the pic it was just after we got done and before we added the dirt....we are wanting the dirt to be higher in the middle and reach the top of the rocks so you can see everything real good from the road.

I would like some suggestions on how to go about finishing this thing up! It is in the middle of my front yard full sun....we rent so I dont want to go too eleborate. I am starting a bunch of stuff from seed right now but who knows how well that will turn out since it is my first year. I would also like to put something (cheap white picket fence) in the back and let some morning glories or something similar grow up that for a background...

any other ideas would be great!! We did get a truck load of black gold dirt and have that in there now but still need some more

Thumbnail by Gardening_in_GA
This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!