ID help

Mesa, AZ

I don't have a clue what this is, other than some type of bulb. I can say, however, that I am sure I didn't plant it, as it is right next to the hose guide and I wouldn't put something that the hose is going to smash right there. So, any ideas? I don't think it is open all the way yet....

Susie

Thumbnail by Birdlady_Susie
(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Susie - that's not one of the Hellebores that you and Eva tried last year, is it?

Phoenix, AZ

Clueless (whats new)

Mesa, AZ

Could be, Sheryl, but I did plant those over in the garden where the fountain is.... it is just in a strange space, not where I would normally put a plant. Maybe in digging around in one space and moving to another, a bulblet (?) was carried over in dirt from the shovel? I don't know, but that is an excellent guess. Have to see what happens when it opens all the way. It is about 4" tall.

thanks for the help!
Susie

Alexandria, VA

Looks like Frittilaria to me... mind didn't last very long, but they are marginal here, so I don't feel *too* bad.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I agree with Trueepicure that it looks like a fritilaria.They are beautiful but they do not do very well here since they need the cold to set the buds.
Enjoy as long as you can since you might not see it next year.

Good gardening

Rodica

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.