FUCHSIA BOLIVIAN ALBA SEEDS

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

I bought some off ebay [ FUCHSIA BOLIVIAN ALBA SEEDS ]. These seeds are really small .
I had a hard time getting out of soaking mixture .
Any advice on planting , picking up or general info on small seeds would be nice . I used a tooth pick and Q-tip .
Right now the ones I soaked are in / on peat pellets , on a seed starting mat with a top and under flor lights .
TIA

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

I had a fresh seed pod from a red bolivan fuchsia last year. I took the pod and squeezed it, seed pulp and all onto some potting soil and lightly covered with soil. Misted the top of the soil once in awhile and had hundreds of seedlings. They have done very well for me and I will have some ripe friut soon. The grew very, very quickly and flowered the first year. My largest one is about 5 feet tall, looking leggy and sad now, but still has some leaves. They get a very nice bark on them, I did get some seed for a white one but the seed did not germinate. I think it was maybe old seed I got. As I remember the seed took about 2 weeks to germinate. If you would like a fresh seed pod from the red, email me and I can send one when it is ripe. I think this seed should be fresh to do well so if yours does not germinate don't give up, they are awesome plants.
Rebeccanne

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Yes if you don't mind , I would like a seed pod .
Did you have on a heat pad ? I soaked mine for about 24 hrs .
I got mine off ebay and you never know how old or even what seeds you get . They were very small and dry .
I have had pretty good luck on ebay , only 3 or 4 bad ones out of 5 or 6 hundred .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.