micro-propagation supplies

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

gang, I've posted before that I'm starting Tissue Culture but the only thing holding me back is buying a balance scale, that is needed to measure ingredients for media. they aren't that expensive until you want to measure in MG's then the price jumps up in the hundreds, once I get over that hurdle I'm good to go. if anyone knows where i can find one for under $150 let me know. thanks all, hostajim1

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Hi Jim, I've had the same problem and someone said the price is so high because drug dealers use them and they are in high demand. I've been watching ebay.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Go to gun shop, they have balance scales for some use. I have recently ordered some chemicals from canada that came with tiny scoops.
Sidney

This message was edited Mar 7, 2006 8:42 AM

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

Gun / reloading stores and gem / rock hound / jewerly supply hobby stores and shows . You will find the best prices at shows .
[ Used stuff ]

Elmira, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's one for $127:
http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=73

I ordered a scale from these folks couple years ago. They seemed okay, and the scale was very sturdy. It was just a gram scale, though.

Port Orchard, WA(Zone 8a)

paracelsus, the prices at toplinedigitalscales I can live with, thanks so much. the gun sales will work great until I get a scale. thanks all for your help. now I can get busy TCing Hosta. Jim King

Cincinnati, OH

You may want to join this list. Just send an empty email:

hometissueculture-subscribe@makelist.com

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.