Wintersown Rudbeckia

St. Peter's, PE(Zone 6a)

Here is my Rudbeckia "Indian Summer" I wintersowed these in Feb/05. They started blooming the end of July right thru to October.

Thumbnail by articfire
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, no doubt about it! Those are about the most robust rudbeckias I have seen!

Any other Wintersown flower pics to share?!

This message was edited Mar 3, 2006 1:30 PM

St. Peter's, PE(Zone 6a)

t,
I love Rudbeckia they are fantastic to wintersow. The first year that I did some I could not believe how fast they grew. So now I ws lots of different varieties. To me they brighten up different spots of my gardens. I need to download my digital camera this evening and then I should have some more pics. Will try and post some more in the next couple of days.
Michelle

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Those are incredible!! Thanks for sharing

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I am WSing Rudbeckia hirta 'Prairie Sun' but I think that's my only one.

Must get more, I think! What fun!

http://www.hardyplants.com/catalog/c91.html

Parks stocks a few, but I have not bought from them

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=advsearchresults&SearchText=p13.Rudbeckia&scChannel=Easy-Care%20AS

This message was edited Mar 3, 2006 1:38 PM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I have a few varieties that I am going to put down this weekend!

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

Beautiful! This is my first year ws'ing, and I cant wait. I hope mine turn out that pretty! My husband likes the thought of planting them like you did. They look wonderful!

St. Peter's, PE(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone for your compliments! So far these are the various Rudbeckia's I have WS:
Indian Summer
Toto
Chocolate Orange
Chim Chiminee
Prairie Sun
Irish Eyes
Marmalade
Cherokee Sunset
Love trying new varieties because they are so very easy to grow from seed.
Michelle

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I have Chocolate Orange, Chim Chiminee and Cherokee Sunset - can't wait to get them in some soil!!

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

That's a beaut!

Last year I WSed 'Irish Eyes' ; this year I'm doing 'Toto'. I've got a bunch more different varieties; just wish I had the space to try them all at the same time!

PV

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

WOW! "Indian Summer" certainly lives up to its name! I'm wintersowing "Irish Eyes" too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.