rocks???

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the kind words about my garden, everyone. I always look at as a work in progress - typical of gardeners, I guess!

I definitely need to get more rocks; I thought the pine bark mulch would "stick" to the slopes, but some of it slid away from the plants it's supposed to protect. Rocks at least keep it from sliding all the way to the bottom....and look nice, too!
I thought about going to Merrifield Garden Center today to see what they had in their 25 cents/pound bins.

Sally, thanks for asking about my mom. She's doing a little bit better and is getting used to having caregivers in her house.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Each time I've needed rocks, I've gone to a local construction site and asked the GC if it would be okay to come on property and forage through their large pile. Usually there is a huge pile of these rocks because no one wants them. Most recently, I got a bunch from a new housing development this past summer. I talked with the rep for the builders in the model home. He just told me that if I got hurt I was on my own...Lol People are so antsy about litigation it's ridiculous.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

That sounds like a good idea. There aren't many new developments going up in my neighborhood, but there are knock-downs/rebuilds of houses that should churn up some good rocks, though.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Join a rock & mineral club. My DH & I did and not only do they give away samples but you can go on fieldtrips with the club & collect them your self.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.