Euryops - green (aka Bush Daisy?)

Phoenix, AZ

Anyone know anything about these? My friend and I rescued a couple dozen that were left behind after the Arab show at Westworld. They are all the green variety and those with Lowes tags say 3-4 feet and the Color Spot tags say 6-20 inches. Other sites list anywhere from 10 inches to 6 feet.

One site says they don't like clay which is what I have. Basically I'm bringing them to the swap if people want them. Bright yellow daisies and supposedly deer resistant so I will save a couple for Kakiana who will be out of town but has deer dining in her yard. Anyone else want any? sam

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Oh yeah - Love 'em!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I will take one. I have an amended area in my yard!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

These are really durable perennials and can take a lot of neglect. You generally get a lot of bang for your buck with euryops; especially if they are FREE!!! They make cute tree standards too.

I pulled mine out. Didn't like the look of the all the dried/dead flower stems. (Sorry, don't know the botanical terms for the plant parts!) I tend to avoid many daisy/daisy-type plants for this reason--unless they really strike my fancy :) But yeaaah, hardy plants those euryops!

Phoenix, AZ

I have several right now, fun, easy, low maintenance plants :)

Phoenix, AZ

Sam...I can provide a good home for one...if you still have one to give away!!

Phoenix, AZ

Trillium - I know you live close to me - should I bring yours to the swap too or would you like it sooner? sam

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Never mind... I was thinking of a different plant. I need visuals, lol!

This message was edited Mar 3, 2006 12:59 PM

Geez Lorene - you should have offered it to one of us first - they're great!

Maybe next time!

Sheryl, it was huge!

Best reason for sharing it that I can think of!

Phoenix, AZ

Sam...thank you for the offer. Yes, how about I stop by and pick up the plant. Would Sunday or Monday work for you?

Phoenix, AZ

Leona, you have mail. sam

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.