Stopped By Target Yesterday And Had To Have.....

Pueblo West, CO

They had Hotlips Salvia. I love Salvia so had to have this one.
Anybody else growing it?

Thumbnail by SUNNYAZ
Phoenix, AZ

Oh! You are so very BAD! Out the door to Target.........

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Not growing but love the bright pink color. Target here I come!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

"MY" Target has decided to close their garden center...at least that's what the guy said who was tearing everything down.
If it's true, I won't be going there nearly as much.
SHAME on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharon, big tears rollllling down her sad, sad face
:0(
'
'
'

Phoenix, AZ

If they are tearing it down does that mean everything is going on sale? And if so, which Target?

Pueblo West, CO

I'm going to have to go back. I didn't have much time to view everything in the garden dept! I did see that they had the Panda Strawberry that I already have.
I also got a Broad Leaf Umbrella grass for my pond.
They have a good selection of seeds too! I got Four O'clocks(Kaleidoscope) and some Nasturtiums (they had a bunch of different kinds).
But, Hotlips was my best find!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have two but I haven't checked on them recently. Can I leave work and go home ot do that? Think my students would mind?

Oh, shoot the fire safety lady is done... Back to work!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

My Target (Cactus/PVMall) is closing their garden center, too. I always enjoyed strolling through there, but they're using the area for store expansion. Boo hiss.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

We are getting a new Target and it looks like they are putting in a garden center. Not too happy about civilization moving so close. I will have to console my self with a few more plants :o)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sam, 'my' Target is the PV Mall one, too...(Hi, Judy!!!)
Their plants are all gone, and that section is closed off.
Sob,
Hoping that's the only one.... 7th St and Bell still open????
Fishy????

Sharon

Phoenix, AZ

Oh! My! If the one at 7th street goes under....Oh the HORRORS!!!!! I'm pretty sure that I alone have made it profitable :) I'll have to check tomorrow!!!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

OK, checked mine - they're "LIpstick" which is a different cultivar, right? Not looking too good - wispy and flowerless. I'm guessing they're getting way too much shade with only 4 or so hours of midday sun.

The Navajo, Autumn "Flame," and Bright Red are all blooming like gangbusters but my blues, purples, and lip have yet to make a show. I'm hoping that they're just slower to get blooming. Have I mentioned I'm pretty new at this? My garden is almost a year old and I'm still completely clueless.

My local Target garden area was downsized. *sigh* Plus I now have to walk back through the store to check out. I didn't realize how happily spoiled I used to be.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 10b)

PV Mall ~ Target is so close to me. What a shame!!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

The Target Garden Shop at 43rd Ave and Peoria is going gangbusters. Lots of new stuff, especially garden 'hardware' (there's another word for that but it escapes me at the moment). I'll have to check this weekend for Wave petunias.

Mesa, AZ

hhhmmmm, I will have to explore the 2 Targets I frequent, the one at 44/Thomas and Gilbert/Southern.... oh ya, that other one at Longmore and Southern. Maybe there will be bargains to be had!

Susie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

"My" Target at 7th Avenue and Camelback was alive and well, last week when I was there. I pretty much can't go in without a guardian. Even Costco tempted me this weekend - Costco had lots of real pretty gardenias, red yucca, various hibiscus in 2 & 3 gal, & a lot of huge tropical stuff like giant stretzias (nicolai) 6 feet tall & a lot of big palms. This was on 15th Ave. & Bethany Home.

My "hotlips" salvia has been in the ground for a few months and is still very happy. It receives mostly "bright shade" with some direct and filtered a.m. sun only. It is in full bloom and doesn't need much water.

Target @ 7th St & Bell is fully stocked with no *visible* signs of closing... as of Tuesday.

Phoenix, AZ

Yup! Checked "MY" Target @ 7th street & Bell...all is well :)

No, no, no, no, fish knees! That is *our* Target... :)

Phoenix, AZ

Okay...I'll share, but not chocolate!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

7th St. and Bell is gonna be 'my' Target, now, too....
Ain'ta gonna go to the PV one ANYMORE!
(Except when I'm at Half Price Books and need some Target stuff, lol)

Alexandria, VA

I had one last year, but it reverted. :(

They have 5 gallon ones at my Target (Baseline and McClintock in Tempe) for $11.99.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.