Another Pot of Coffee

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

GREN, I'm around.
I just started a big job that will take a lot of my time.
I also haven't found anything to add to this thread.
I'm not very good with quips and jokes.
Andy P

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

Al, yeah, this job interview is at Home Depot, I bet I'll get it because how many fools can be out there asking to work this shift.
I'm afraid it will keep me from being able to chit chat with my best friends (youz guyz). Don't be surprised to find me on here for a few minutes in the morning when I get home. Then again in the afternoon when I get up to start my day. I hope you don't mind making me a pot of coffee at strange hours! Then again, my breakfast will be your lunch, my lunch will be your dinner, and my dinner will be, well, your midnight snack! You will be getting up and I'll be going to bed.

Andy, I'm just making sure I didn't scare you away. You don't have to say anything important, just look at what I talk about. This is the place to talk about nothing and everything, and you can just feel free to fill us in on how your day is going or what you did or didn't do. Who knows maybe you will inspire an intellegent conversation, (I'll be amazed if I got the spelling on that one). I love to hear what your up to, and look forward to your great words of wisdom, or just making us all drool over your cooking!

Dena

This message was edited Feb 28, 2006 4:37 PM

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

who's adding? what are jokes?
Hi Andy - how've ya been?

edited to say what happened to the Dena U that's my alma mata

This message was edited Feb 28, 2006 3:43 PM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Boy - I just got in trouble!! The post above was supposed to say Nite Shift....I had a typo and forgot the 'f'!!! Now I'm afraid to type! I'm told if I do it again, I will be banned!!! I hope he see's my response - I feel terrible.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey Al, I saw pics of your Dahlias today. Very nice.
GREN, I ALWAYS use the 'spell check'. Helps a lot with the 'big' words. The small ones too, I'm dyslexic.
Andy P

That is a mistake I'm surprised I didn't make

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Anita, Does that word come up on 'spell check' ?

I should just call myself Thumbs, as in types with thumbs

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

noo hnot yiu

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

but I got in trouble back in October for using a word that I didn't even realize would be considered profane - started with 'd' . I don't want to be banned and have one of those threads in the Garden about repeated warnings!! I'd miss this place terribly!

This message was edited Feb 28, 2006 6:32 PM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

what spell check?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

you should be fine

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I hope so

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

On your tool bar or in the 'tools' thingy on top there.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Aneeter,
I have to watch myself too, there are so many words that are acceptable for the media, but you can't use here - taxes(darn said the t word)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

for internet explorer? I know there is one in Microsoft Word

We would miss you.
May be we should say night job instead of the night shift so as not to mistakenly mispell and get in trouble.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

night job

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm not surprised 'they' are watching this thread. With all that 'wind breaking' discussion over the weekend.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I know - it's just that two people were banned since I've joined. I know Dave is fair, but that email was real strong and I'm not a profane person. I guess it just freaked me out, 'cause I really like it here.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL - you are probably right Andy - guess they 'caught wind of it'

Note to the Daves Garden Gods that watch over us...
Please forgive our gental friend Anita, she wouldn't say bad words and get in trouble on purpose! We love her and want her to stay!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Dena - I'm pretty sure they won't see that - I think it's something built into the software - like a trigger. I'm sure they have a list that is checked after each post that probably triggers an alert to Dave or Terry. I think I feel more embarrassed than anything else. It's not like I converse on a daily basis with either one of them - so they don't know me from Adam.

Can't hurt~
: )

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

:-) thanks buddy

I feel partly responsible for bringing up the night job topic that caused you to have to type that word causing you to make a typo and get you into trouble...I hope that made sense, cuz I confused myself...

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Did you ever have it prompt you to not use those words it has for me

**going into chatroom**

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yes it did -

Hey Dave - some trivia for you... This is the real castle that the Disney Cinderella castle was fashioned after.. http://www.germanworld.com/neu.htm

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

no - how do you get it to do that Al...

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

LOL Anita - I'm sure the DG Gods will accept your slip - just don't do it again - we would miss you!

I just had to pop on quick and tell you guys about a Dmail I just received. A new DG member, emailed me because he saw in PlantFiles that I have perennial Forget-me-Nots (Myosotis scorpiodes) growing here in Lexington. He and his girlfriend have a "thing" about Forget-me-Nots and he wants to propose to her and wants to find a place where it's growing so he can propose to her there! Isn't that sweet? I told him exactly where he can find them if he wants to wait until mid summer and travel all the way to Virginia :) Just thought if you guys can share your "wind", I can surely share my mail with you :)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

that is so sweet! My forget-me-nots are some of the first to bloom. I think they reseed though - probably not perennial. I get growth that looks wilty all winter and then they POP once the warm weather comes around

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Anita,
I was typing a post and had d**m in it and it said 'are you sure you want to submit this?'
I'm all like you d**m right HAL

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should get a job somewhere that I never go. I can picture myself leaving every morning with stuff I bought from Home Depot, a bag of mulch today, a pretty pot tomorrow, and on and on. I already have my eye on some copper piping to make a teepee thing for my garden, and some plastic for a water feature I think I'm gonna make. OH!
I'm in so much trouble! I need a carpet sales job, or car parts, or mens socks.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

This is bad news. Anita is on double secret probation. Dena is turning into a zombie we can't play with in almost real time. Andy is working hard.

Anita, If you were thrown out I'd go somewhere else with you. I think a few others would too. But I don't think its going to happen. They just have a stark form letter that goes out. But they are not rash.
Dena, did you catch my post that was supposed to be a Dmail??

no, Dave (nD) where did you put it?

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

so Dave - what did you think of the castle?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Anita, Sorry I didn't mention it. So much was going on in our thread.

It is gorgeous! Far more so than even Disney can manage. How cool to know this.

I don't have spell check when I'm on this site, I heard you would if you install Firefox (see bottom of page) but I tried and it wouldn't install

Dena missed a castle!
Had to go back and look to see what I missed out on!
That castle is alittle small for my taste. I'd have to add on.
LOL!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I've seen it in real life - it is so totally amazing! You are driving and see the Alps in the backround. The hills were green with pines and trees of varying shapes and sizes. Then as you turn the bend, you notice something high on the hill. As you draw closer still, you realize that it's a castle! The castle that you pictured in your mind as you heard the fairytales when you were little! It was such a magical moment for me.

I can see why! Its just beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.