Where are folk getting their metal plant tags from?

I totally forgot that I received a sample from rcn's Amekron supplier. Very nice tags that are thick. Here's a photo I took of the sample, and the wire comes already through the hole-

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Any hard poking with a ball point pen is going to push the ball up inside (the pen). Bloody pens aren't any fun either. If you're trying to make holes in flashing (which is too thick for writing on, IMO), it might be easiest with a drill press. Stamping letters on flashing, as I think was mentioned earlier, is the way to go there.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

EQ, LOL - they do if you only get one! If you buy the box, you have to insert the wire yourself :) But I still like them!

Debbie

Hey Rick, for the flashing I am ok. I've got a little engraving tool. We used if for things around the house once. Now I can tell you that the pen didn't go through the flashing but I'll find something else that will work or I'll go and get a leather punch like what Ken said... and I'll bring the flashing with me to make sure what ever I buy works. The flashing is considerably thicker than the tags.

Hey Debbie, so they don't loop the wire through the little hole, eh. That's ok, those with young children will be unaffected. Sit the kids at the kitchen table and tell them that if they ever want to see their allowance again...well you get the idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.