English precision Seeder - anybody ever use

Kilmarnock, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask these questions but someone on the Seed Saving Forum suggested I ask here. I am a very novice gardner and am trying to start my flowers from seed this year. Some of the seeds are so small it's really difficult to handle them. I've seen a device on Gardner's Supply for $24.95 and it's called the English Precision Seeder. Is anyone familiar with this device and is it worth the price? I'd be willing to invest in it if you think it's worth it. If not, how the dickens do you manage to plant lobelia seeds for example? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Betty

Muehlleiten, Austria(Zone 7b)

Hello Betty,

you can quite tiny seeds mix with sand and then scatter on the soil surface. Through this the seeds further are located away from each other and the seedlings have more space to grow.

Dietmar

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I got for my birthday lastyear a Professional Seeder http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=1&p=51240&cat=2,44713,40759 which I used once. It has different tips for different sized seed. I also still use and like using a good solid piece of paper, folded sharp and tapping on the one end. I also used specialized tweezers to plant a few hundred Japanese Pepper Trees.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.