Veggies in 7B

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi All:

I have quite a few flats of cabbage, broccoli, spinach and beets. They were started from seed and have been hardening off in the garage for the past few weeks and I put them out on sunny days.

Is it too early to put them out ? IThey will be going into raised beds with a row cover.

Thanks
BB

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL! You sure threw me! I saw the BronxBoy and zone 7b - I was thinking, "Poor guy must be delusional!"

I guess you got transplanted...

HA HA HA

I turned quite a few heads with that one. We were actually on Long Island and wanted more land. So we came south.

Where is Carmel? Upstate?

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yep, I agree with Sequee (actually on most topics I do!) Bronx, they should be in the ground! My broccoli is starting to go to seed now. Its too late for lettuce for me (unless you happen to care for really bitter lettuce! lol) but you should be able to do one last lettuce planting---if you do it now Bronx! lol

step away from the computer Bronx and pick up your trowel...see how we all seem to be going out to the garden? lol
Debbie

LOL

I took the day off because it was calling me. I actually work with computers all day so it's a mental health day for me to "play in the dirt"., LOL We spent all day down in the back garden. We have been building about 20 raised beds down there. We just have to double dig and backfill and amend 3 more (AMEN!!!!).

We started to put up our peatomato cages today. I am really looking forward to working with these raised beds this year.

I think I still have a little time to get my lettuce in.

BB

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm so jealous Bronx--my laptop was attached to the waist all day--sometimes I'd like to personally tell the inventors of "wireless" and "notebook" what I think of them! I think it was a conspiracy to force us to work longer hours by making it easier for us to do so (now what's wrong with this picture?lol).

Looks like you got everything done before this cold snap (which I think will be our last--but you'll probably get a couple more). Let's see some pics when you get a chance! Yep--you got time for lettuce! lol
Debbie

The worst are the "Crackberries!!!!!"

I always take mine off my hip when I come home. But I kept it on while my stepson and I were working in the gardens so my wife could reach us.

Well you know what happened....Work called and radioed and emailed...

And what was supposed to be a stress free day became anything but. I finally had to go put the thing in the garage.

I think the devil invented the Blackberry

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Carmel's up near Brewster, and Danbury CT is about 4 exdits up I84. I have about 3/4 acre...just enough to keep me busy and out of trouble. I moved UP here from FL!

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

Hi BB! I'm a 7b-8a, and our ground is still pretty cold. Do you have a thermomenter to check the ground temp?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.