A WS Idea

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

I bought a set a sheets, which came in a plastic zippered bag, and decided to keep it for "just in case". Well I had a six compartment flat deep enough for winter sowing. I filled up the compartments, checked the drainage, put in the seeds, and then got two pieces of wood to keep the tent up. Zipped up the plastic storage in (also with drainage and vent holes), and outside it went. My husband laughed and said "Aint you slick!" LOL! So if you have any saved, for the "just in case". There is an idea for you.
Candy

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I was thinking of using those plastic cases too. I think they would work just fine for my roasting pans full of seeds-- as long as they were vented for transpiration and drainage. Somebody on GW is using them, too.

Seems like a good use for those cases--never quite knew what to do with them, but they were too good to throw out!

Is it necessary to make tents to hold up the plastic? I saw a pic on Trudi's website of roasting pans tied flat in garbage bags.... I suppose though, once the seedlings got a little big they would need more room...?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I use them to root cuttings sometimes - works great if you remember to unzip them every other day or so.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

how do you guys come up with this stuff?? I love it!

Corinth, NY(Zone 4b)

I dont know how I came up with the idea. Just kinda popped in my head. As for the tent idea, I was afraid that the flat was too tall, and the weight of the snow (if we get any), would be to much. I dont know if it is really needed, but I think I saw or read somewhere that someone did it that way.
Candy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.