Blue Sky Vine

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Ok, I'm getting roots from the leaf cuttings. I should have plenty very soon. I'm starting some more as I only started a few just to see if the leaves would root....by golly they did!

SORRY, NO MORE VINES FOR THIS YEAR. WILL TRY FOR NEXT SUMMER.
HAPPY HOLLIDAY EVERYONE!

This message was edited Wednesday, Jul 11th 4:02 PM

This message was edited Tuesday, Aug 28th 10:19 AM

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

You rooted the leaves? How? Similar to how one would root african violet?
I have a huge vine here, might try to root cuttings.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

if either of you have an extra, I would love to have one. Just let me know!!!!!

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Tig, you're down for one.

Tim, I broke the leaf off at the vine, rooting hormone on the tip and into moist potting soil. I couldn't believe they rooted so soon. They are outside under the plum tree so they get filtered sun.

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

If you excuse the ignorance, is this a vine that climbs up to the sky, or one that does not produce leaves and through it you can see the blue sky??
Any latin names for help??
Dimitri

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Does anyone have any extra cuttings? I saw these in India, oh how beautifull they were...

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

man, there goes another keyboard, ruined by drool! Y'all have to stop this, I'm getting vine crazy!!!! :) and I love it, the *stop it* was just a wild moment.

Cazique, could you put me down for one, please? That vine is so pretty and different.
Thank you.
CoCo

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes Coco.
Anyone wishing to have one, please email me with addy info and I will get to you as I can. If there are many, I might need a little postage, I'm sure you understand at $3.50 per.LOL. or at least a trade.
Sound fair enough?

Tim, I was never able to root african violets.

This message was edited Thursday, Jul 12th 8:48 AM

This message was edited Thursday, Jul 12th 8:50 AM

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Hi Caz,

I know we already discussed seed of this beauty but if, as some of the posts here suggest, its not the easiest of ways to propagate, I am game for a quick $3.50's worth of post (or maybe $5.00 for Europe !!). Let me know if the surplus cuttings run to an export. E-mailing an address today.

El Tel

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi guys,
I would love to trade or send postage for a cutiing..or I guess a leaf if they root that easily.....I have good luck with AV's.
Sandy

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Hi all,
The leaves have roots, but I'm waiting to see a little 'sprout' or 'shoot' before mailing.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Cazique...I can root my own if you just send me a couple of leaves unrooted. What are you looking for in a trade.....email me
Sandy

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Okay, I've GOT to get in on this? I've been looking for this vine for some time now, and everyone's talked like it was really difficult to root---but then, no one's mentioned trying to root the leaves. My trade list's currently in a real mess---if you still have anything available, let me know what kinds of things you're looking for and I'll try to oblige, or I'll gladly send postage.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Judith..funny seeing you here:)

Woodbourne, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm embarrassed to be crowding onto such a full bandwagon, but I am a huge flowering vine fan, as many here know. Could one of the Blue Sky Vine owners consider me too?

Please have a look at the trades I offer in return: davesgarden.com/tl/paris

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi Cazique,
If you have any more, I would love one. Please let me know. Thanks, Debbie

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you got my stamp, right???

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I just looked this one up. What can I send you? Would love this one

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

What a beautiful vine. Have any left? Postage offer still available? Or I will find something to trade. Thanks

Braxton, MS

Can I butt in here and beg for a start of this one???

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Is there any left to share with me?? Beautiful flower that I haven't see like that around here. I would love to have one or we can trade????
Tricia(MiniSchnuz)

cazique, the cuttings hasn't still arrived....

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Evert.
I don't understand. It took only 8 days to England. If you don't get them this week, I will re-send.

Did u put a green customs label on the package?

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Cazique - haven't seen mine either - my Postie probably has it planted in her yard :-)

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Yes, Liz and Evert....
The green sticker was put on both of them, and addresses were very clearly written on the blue-edged sticker my postmistress said to use.
Evert, yours was $9.50 and Liz, yours was $3.95.
You're right Liz (LoL) It's probably growing well somewhere...yours, also Evert.

.... Maybe. it hadn't come this week so I still wait to next week ok?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

well, Evert, that's got me worried. I mailed your seeds and we didn't do anything special. Please let me know if they get there.

tiG usually seeds get here without the green label. I use them usually always.. By the way why people in US don't use stamps when mailing?

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Evert, usually we don't know how much it will be to send to different countries, although we have a guide for letters. I use it for regular post of letters.
In the case of boxes, we do not know the cost and when they weigh it at the post office, they just go ahead and put the sticker on.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

if I know someone collects stamps, I use them. I'm sorry, I didn't know. I also have some old stamps I'd trade you for seeds. Let me know!

Oh... I don't collect stamps, they just look more nice ;-) I buy now my stamps from the automat and they aren't very cool but.. When they sell new 300 stamp bird stamp packet I'll buy it right away!

(Zone 8a)

Hi,
If you have any left I would love to have one! Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular, I may have it... I do have some yellow or orange morning glory seeds...

Please let me know!
Reb

cazique... I planted the cuttings in their own pots and watered well. Next day all were little rotten and now it seems to be that I've lost the 3 unrooted. Why?

Wewahitchka, FL(Zone 8b)

Evert,probably they were too long in transit.
You know, dark box with no fresh air for so long. They need to be in a cool shady area for a few days to get over the shock of the trip. Then gradually moved to full sun.
Hope the rooted ones make it.
CB

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

cazique, how will I know when to repot them? I have 4 leaves that are still looking just like I took them off the plant. One thing I'm worried about though. I didn't put the whole leaf stem in the dirt, about half I'd say. Should I repot now, lower, or leave well enough alone and they will put out like they are?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.