Shall We Introduce Ourselves?

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If you have anything you can trade, I'll just bet if you post in the plant trading forum that you're looking for these there will be someone who has plenty to share.

I planted one plant in the garden at my old house and by the next year, I had them everywhere.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Great! I'll try that approach. It sounds interesting. As my son, Garrett, would say..."Kool Beans"!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

HEY - Guys & Gals - it is no longer July - it's August (hint).

Hotter than the flame on an oxy-acetalene torch set for "destruction only mode" now I know why everyone out west was gripeing about the heat a few days ago.

Edited to say - OOOPS - Wrong thread, this one belongs in weather.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2006 3:39 PM

Norfolk, VA(Zone 8a)

Doing organic gardening (mostly vegetables) in Norfolk, VA. Any one else out there in my area?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Regarding the columbine from seed- I read about that in a good book by William Cullina on natives. Columbine needs (if I recall all correctly) several cycles of cold treatment. Bottom line was, if you have any, let them go to seed and scatter it in the fall so it will do its thing. I have two plants, but have not seens a lot of seedlings this way, altho have two. Hmm, maybe I'll do some pots and leave them out to try to improve my pecentage....
Hi to all from Anne Arundel County MD. I have a half acre, mostly native/organic, kind of little of everything,
Currently trying to figure out what would have eaten every leaf of my two Heucherellas and left all the leaf stalks. Never saw a critter.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Those lovely beetles got mine...leaves look horrible...so sad!!! They "were" such a pretty color!!

Excuse me- meant to say my Heucheras. They are the worst, but among several things which seem to get leaf edges eaten night, or at least at none of the various daytimes that I check do I ever find anytihng. Is that typical of beetles?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I thought they were the Japanese (sp?) ones...at least that's what I saw on it before I sprayed those nasty things!!

At any rate, I hope you got to them in time. I haven't seen many Jap beetles here this summer. Last year I hand picked several a day from each of
my wild evening primrose- it worked great as a trap plant.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

I must have...haven't seen any for a while now...but the plant looks....umm, shall I say rather bad...leaves all chewed up. I'll probably trim it up some within a few weeks...hopefully some new growth will be appearing shortly and give it a freshened up look. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.