Pansy

Chamois, MO(Zone 5a)

I started some pansies about a month ago and it is about time to transplant to bigger pots. What I need to know do I plant them at the same depth they are at now or deeper like you would do tomatos? Thank You

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Can I add another question to this pansy section? I set out some blooming pansys last fall, about 3 days before it snowed and froze. They have been frozen and under snow for about 2 months now. Will they revive in the spring? Hopefully somebody will know the answer to both of our questions.

Ashland, OH(Zone 6a)

I work as a gardener (still learning tho!) and in a greenhouse, and I brought a bunch of pansies home from work last year and planted them. My boss told me that they DO come up if you leave them. They re-seed themselves. As far as planting them, I've also been told that you go a little deeper with everything, so I assume that means pansies too.

Valley Head, WV(Zone 5a)

Don't plant the pansies as deep as you would tomatoes. You can pinch the center tops of the pansies to encourage a bushier plant.

I take my pansies out of the pots in the late summer when they are getting scraggly; cut them back and plant in the ground. Not every one survives the winter, but enough to make it worth while. I guess Mary E's pansies will depend on if they had good roots in the pots that weren't disturbed too much when transplanted.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Thanks Mamakane, these were in 4 inch pots, had good roots, didn't even look droopy the next day, so I think they have a good chance. These were some the discount store had and gave away, all you want, because they couldn't sell them. This is a result of somebody in a different climate (warmer)ordering for the chain store. Lucky me, I was in the right place at the right time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.