Colorful Heucheras

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Loretta, I received the majority of Heucheras from DG....when we use to have co-ops! :~(

A big grower of new forms of Heuchera is Terra Nova Nurseries, which is a wholesaler. They only sell to the trade. However, Terra Nova does have suggested retail nurseries listed on their website by state. Here is a link to look up where to buy Heucheras in your area. http://www.terranovanurseries.com/pages/retailusacanada.html#md

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Shirley..I bookmarked the site and will go shopping..I heard about the co-ops they used to have here and everything was at good prices,sure wish they had it now.. :o(((

Loretta...

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I totally agree about the co-ops, Loretta! Wish we still had them too!

Happy shopping!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
That's a great price for a gallon container of Heuchera. I have 2 local nurseries that I'm going to be checking out this year.

I just took a look outside. The East wall of the Salon,,,,'Stormy Seas' has a few new leaves on it,,,oooooo, won't be long now,,,,SPRING,,,yeeehaaaaa,,,covered them beack up though,,,LOL

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Here is a picture of the Plum Pudding I got at lowes the other day.

Not as pretty as picture #1 on this thread, but it is pretty nice.

Susan
=^..^=

Thumbnail by 9kittymom

Here is my Peach Melba after being uncovered. Not very peach at the moment, hoping it perks up soon.

Thumbnail by 9kittymom
Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

I got one of those plum pudding at Lowes also last week they are nice sized plants. Next week is suppose to start my real buying.

We are under tornado watch till 8pm.

I want to go to K C next week. Maybe to Springfield tomorrow.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2006 5:16 PM

What's in Springfield??? That IS doable for me. I have a cousin who lives in Springfield too.

You would think there would be something in Tulsa wouldn't you???

How would I find that out do you think??? What is in Tulsa I mean.

Susan
=^..^=

I sure would think tulsa has something. There is a giant nursery out in Okla somewhere. The guy i bought the the turkey compost shipped tons and tons of that stuff out there. He only said they were a nursery grower.

Springfield does not have much I just checked it out. I do not thin k i will go. I am going to tear out some over grown Yews.

I looked Nurseries in Springfield Mo on the internet search engine. It usually sends you to a yellow pages page. You might find some individual listings. I am going to try it myself now.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Susan,

Try www.whowhere.com You can search the yellow pages there. You can search for Nursery's or Greenhouses or Landscape Centers,,,anything you think someone might list their business under. There are other ones,,,that's just the one I usually use.

Kelly,,,,whining and stomping foot,,,,,,,*I wanna see my Heucheras*

Stop your cry baby stuff it is not our fault you chose to live in the semi-tundra area.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
LOL it's good to see you again too,,,,ROFLOL I know I chose to live here,,,doesn't mean I can't whine every once in awhile LOL

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Does anyone grow Stoplight? Is it a carmel color this time of the year? I did buy one the nursery said it was the correct plant. I have been watching for it and was traveling in TN.
I hope it looks better later on.

Anyone interested in a Co-op of these plants? I would be.
Teresa

Yes bluegrass it is carmel colored until it gets warmer. Then it will turn yellow and red centered. I have both stop light and sun spot now. I bought sunspot yeasterday and it is carmel colored.

Hi Teresa..Maybe if we can talk Dori (NotMartha) into it we have the soure to get them for co op..I'm gonna send you a D-Mail...

Loretta...

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Dori has a source to get them for a co-op?

Yes Dori has the source to get them we just gotta TALK her into it..!! :o)))

Loretta..

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Teresa, I bought Stoplight last year. It was yellow and red and stayed that way through the fall. In winter it turned scrumptious shades of salmon pink and looked lovely until a few weeks ago. We had weeks of lows in the teens or lower and I think that is what put it over the edge. Now it is blah tan/brown but I am sure the new growth will be the correct color. I would buy it just for the winter coloring. It was so nice to see something pretty every day during the dreary winter months.

I would definitely be interested in participating in a co-op. :-)

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I Still have to find out which one I have,,,won't be long now,,,springs almost here so I can get to the tag.

GG... Your lucky at least you still have your tag,mine got lost..

Loretta..

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

What is everyone looking for? I am a relative newbie to these. I have seen some very pretty pictures.

Dori, where are you?

I wish we could find suppliers that would ship directly to each buyer.

I think Dori's hiding from us..She has the source of getting 25 varieties..Come on Dori we need you..!! :o)))

Loretta...

d-mail her????

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Yoo Hoo!!! Dori!!! Come out, Come out wherever you are!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Loretta,
I'm praying mine is still there,,,LOL That would really stink if I can't find it,,,,grrrrrr LOL

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I can't keep lurking anymore. Did someone say co-op? I would love to participate!

Marie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Marie,
Here is the Co-Op Forum. http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/groupbuy/all/ I already put my 2 cents in,,,LOL

Kelly

Zeeland, MI

Sanannie, your plants and images are beautiful! I would love to see a shot of your garden to see how you made the colorful Heucheras pop in your garden.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Wow, this is an old thread. Hi Christabelle and thanks. How many varieties do you grow? Do you have a favourite? I don't think I could pick just one, but all the newer ones I've purchased in the last few years are my favs. They keep improving them it seems.

You asked about pics of my heucheras in the garden... well I've got a fairly recent thread over on Hostas forum that shows quite a few heuchera in amongst the hosta if you want to take a gander, it's here: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/751356/

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.