ok- need some opinions please :)

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm a terrible penny-pincher, but enough is enough :) It is time to do some upgrading to my kitchen things, but I'd like some opinions first. As our family grows, so does my time in the kitchen, so I am looking for your opinions on things that a typical kitchen needs- and your favorite brands, if possible.

Here's some information to help you help me:

- I cook 3 meals per day plus snacks for every memeber of my family. I need things that will LAST, and things that will make my job easier.

- I don't have much. For example- my "serving tray" is a plastic tray from Walmart bought for .88 5 years ago :) Time to upgrade, I think!!! Dishes are mixmatched from yard sales. Glasses are pint jars (durable, and cheap!!)

- We are eating more and more healthy, whole food type meals....but of course, this also ups my time spent in the kitchen

-Now, I do have 3 All Clad pots, a Kitchen Aid, and a good knife set.
.....do you recommend a food processor?? Are they really worth it as a time saver?
......I've been through about 5 cheap cutting boards over the years- any recommendations?
.......other small appliances that you just couldn't live without?? Other kitchen gadgets?
......any other items that you just really need?
.....what about durable dishes, etc? Anything that you've found to really stand the test of time?
....what about favorite spats, ladels, etc? Any brands that are just great?

I know this all seems very basic stuff.....we had a tiny tiny wedding, and never got any of this stuff 10 years ago, and it seems like the stuff that we bought was just really cheap and needs to be replaced now. I'd rather spend a little money and get some good stuff. Thankfully, I got some money at the end of the year, and the rest I plan to put on a wish list :)

So, if you had to start your kitchen over, what would you get?

Thanks for your help!!!! I'm so excited to get some new gadgets, especially if it means saving time!

Trish

This thread has 56 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!