Hey guys its WINTER here

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Todd, when are spring coming to you?? Here the spring is 3 weeks late.
Janett

Pahrump, NV(Zone 8b)

Your weather sounds like what my DH (who grew up in Idaho) calls "9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sled riding".

Beautiful to look at but I'd be out of my mind by February 1st.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Here's the proof in the pudding...the back fence is 4.5 feet, so that drift is about 6 feet high. Normally, I'd have all the snow gone in my yard by early April...won't happen this year...I'll be lucky if the snow is gone by May....guess my Tulips will be open in July again this year (I'm not joking!)

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Todd's area truly wins the snow prize in Canada's gardening region!

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Lilypon lol..........gardening??? Todd have you started to think about taking out the waterhose and put on the hot water, I have :))
I dont think I have heard of any country or any region having there "normal" weather this winter. Mother Nature seams to have her fits all over the globe this year.
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

He gardens there.....only cause his fall comes much later then it does for the rest of us. He really has a GORGEOUS garden (and plants under all that snow;).

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Lilypon it was just a joke........ the word gardening and the picture with all that snow that got me laughing. I know he is a great gardener and a wizard of ID:ing plants too. see him alot in the ID forum.
I just have to try and see the humor about all this snow, otherwise I will cry over it, I am so sick of the snow and I desperatly need spring soon.
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Sorry Janett I really did take it as a joke too. ;)

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Lily do you still want it to be winter or do you long for summer now?
Janett

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are still in March.......I don't even think about spring until about mid April (too easy to be let down prior to then). Come April I'll hit much higher spring temps then our poor snow buried Todd.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I wanted to ask you, on the maps you posted, what are the nearest town, I have heard of Moose Jaw many times even before I joined DG but never knew exactly where it was.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

45 miles from Regina......

Thumbnail by Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

We are about 261.5 kms or 162.5 miles to the United States (North Dakota) border.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Now I know where you live :0)) Thanks.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It's a lot fun talking to peeps from all over....I remember how shocked I was when I found out how far down Patischell lives. ;) I've also learned a lot about your location too from the maps I've seen you post as well. :)

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey folks if you are really into maps try this site: www.topozone.com

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

All of Canada gets spring before I do....normally daffs will peak here in about mid May, tulips in early June. Apples don't bloom until mid June. However, we don't get a killing frost until late October. I never look forward to spring because we go from winter to summer! By August we have caught up to most of Canada. Our plants have to grow fast...they have no other choice. The advantage is that we have a riot of blooms all summer since everything blooms concurrently.

So don't dispare Janett...there is at least one other gardener on DG that is MORE depressed about snow than you! You'll be enjoying your spring bulbs while I'm still waiting for the snow to melt.

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

BTW, thanks Lilypon for all the praise...I'm blushing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.