Hey guys its WINTER here

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This is my Christmas tree that i lay down on top of the 1 ft snow that was left after we had a short time of snow melting here. its a pretty normal sized tree about
6 1/2 ft high and about 4 1/2 ft in diameter on the lower branches.
I took this picture early this afternoon.
SEE...................... you can still see the tree
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This picture.........just opened the door, snapt the pic and closed the door quickly.
Can you see the small twigg of the christmas tree sticking up in the middle of the picture.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This is on of my kitchen windows its here I take the pictures of the birds I feed.
OKEY OKEY I know, Christmas is over and I do have some of the advents light still up, but it feel so much warmer with them up.
Janett

Edit to say. Its a new kind of curtaine.............................Its called snowflakes. rotflol

This message was edited Jan 21, 2006 12:42 AM

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

You do indeed have LOTS of snow Janett.......I haven't seen that much snow here for ~30 years
Pam

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Winters in the 60s in the Adirondacks
Actually that's quite an entrancing picture. with the candles reflected against the snow filled window. Wow. you have real winter this year.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Blooms I like that picture too.
We got more over the night.
The 2 ft of snow I had to PUSH away on my frontporch to get the door open.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This is a picture of my door leading in to the garage from the porch and my old kithen sofa on the porch.

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

This snow drift is 5 ft 6 inches high, as tall as me. Do you think my dogs fancy a walk on the property today?
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

The only place the snow almost missed is the one drive way I dont use winter time and its the one leading up to the gas station, but hey its STILL snowing.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Luckely for the birds, the feeder isnt over snowed. the rope starts about 3 ft above ground

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

My daughter Hanna and I am trying to shovel "some" snow so we can get to the driveway. this is the lower part of the snow drift.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Wow, Janett, that is some snow!!
What a doll Hanna is!
Do you also try to keep thawed water out for the birds?
Mother always got out there even in her 70s to break the ice on the bird bath for her buddies the birds. She said they counted on her. She lived in North Carolina and snow did occassionally get 2 foot deep.
Sidney

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

No I dont put out water, there are some small creeks nearby that rarely freeze solid and also the East Sea (Baltic sea)
By the summer I will however (fingers croosed) have a pond for them.
In the suet I make myself there is some amount of water in it. sufficient enough for them.
Janett

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm sure those creeks are sufficent.
Mother didn't have one for miles.
Your birds look very happy and grateful.
Sidney

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

tayson, your photos are great. It looks like something out of a storybook.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

yeah, the Ice Queen.
but pretty just the same. Hanna is pretty little to hafta tackle something that tall - neat picture.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Thanks.........Ice queen. If this keeps up I soon be frozen solid :0)) LOL
Woke up and its -0 dgr F brrrrrrrrrrr

This is from yesterday. The snowdrift has started to collapse in to the path I shoveled out. grrrrr
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

;-)

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

:-)

Well, I'm not moving to Sweden any time soon LOL. Very beautiful though. It reminds me of the Adirondacks. My friend in Aalborg, Denmark just told me they have had an unusual amount if snow and ice lately. The weather is weird everywhere. Today we've had temperatures in the low 80's, quite a few degrees above the norm.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

We got 4 inches of snow this morning. Not 4 feet, thank heavens. One year ago we did get 3 feet on this date.
Andy P

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Janett - what kind of birds are those?

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I think you call it Yellowhammer, We call them Yellow Sparrow or sometimes Yellow Fieldsparrow that depends on wich part of the country your in but the Latin name is Emberiza citrinella.
The upper one is a Great Tit Latin name Parus major.
Janett

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

thank you

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I used to live in the Adirondacks [eighteen years] and yup, that's pretty much what it looked like. only deeper most years. 's why I don't live there anymore. ~/;-)~ Blooms

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow, Janett, you've got all the snow ! We still don't have any and the freeze is getting up a little .
Great pictures,thanks ! Show us more, please !
Adina

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Okej, here you have some more photos of where I live, The next few pictures is taken from this little "hill" here next to the house.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Here you have the inlet from the East Sea (Baltic)

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Here is a little zooming in......the closest white patch is a medow where horses go in the summer (coldbloods) as we call them. Big chunky workhorses.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Zoomed a little more and you can see Gamleby Bay is melting.......... wohoo

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Here you have the house, its ugly and dont pay attention to the broken railing :0))
The planks was kicked out by my nutty brother when he lived here because he didnt like them and of course when it comes to him he never replased anything. My landlord and I am gonna fix it this summer.
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D

Janett, great pictures, thanks ! I don't know what you say it's broken, the house looks great to me ! You have so wonderful views there ! Is the lake frozen ?
Adina

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Its not a lake its a bay coming in from the Baltic Sea, what we call the EastSea and yes its still frozen.
The last picture before the house you see a darker blue, thats where it has started to melt and be open. The crack in the ice is about 8-10 meters ( up to 30 feet) wide.
Janett

Wow, your sea has frozen too !
Adina

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

:0)) This bay always freezes winter time and further out along the east cost too. If there is no wind for a couple of days and freezing degrees it gets iced over quickly.
Janett

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Janett, your views are beautiful. I would never survive that much snow though. yikes... is it like this every winter, or is this an unusual one for you?

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

its more snow then usuall here but its very local a few miles north the just got a few inches and we got over 3 feet. with winddrifts of about 6 feet.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Janett....I was just wonering what's become of winter at your house. Do you still have all that snow?

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

about two feet left.grrrrrrrrr longing for spring but we have strong winds with stormgusts and around 25-30 F.
Janett

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Just got to see this forum....don't feel bad Janet, in Newfoundland I still have nearly 5 feet in my back yard! Two feet would look good about now....maybe by the end of April it will be melted to 2 feet.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.