re:flowering trees

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Flowering trees that would be hardy in zone 5. I am looking for seeds and saplings for interesting flowering trees...magnolias, empress tree, etc. i like to start mine young rather than buy trees already large and in a couple of years I would like to remove the ugly whatever they are trees that border thet back of my property and replace them with lovely flowering trees. I am more than willing to send SASE or trade or whatever anyone cares to do..........and ideas are always welcome and appreciated, and I would like to thank you one and all in advance. i am looking now, because I wish to begin growing them now in pots for transplant later
Many Thanks
Sandy

This message was edited Tuesday, Jul 10th 9:23 AM

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey guys...please check your seeds...even the old ones
Sandy

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Will Rose of Sharon grow in zone 5????
I am going to clean out from under mine tomorrow and I know there are some babies. I will be glad to keep you in mind if you are interested let me know. Jim

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes Jim..they will and they would be greatly appreciated ..When you check, email me and either I can get postage to you or we can trade..thank you so much
Sandy

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Email me with something that you have. Jim

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sandy give me a little time - still settling into our new home - but will have Liriodendron tulipa (tulip tree) babies if you would like a couple. They will be small because they transplant so badly. I would let you have more but have promised some to others. However, they are always popping up!!

Rethymno, Crete, Greece(Zone 10b)

Hi Sandy !!

what about langoestremias ?? I will have seeds in September, hopefully

Dimitri

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Dimitri..i would love some ..email me when they are readu and we'll get a trade together
sandy

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

Lagerstroemia from a Greece source WILL NOT be hardy in your zone , SDoglover . You need to find a NORTHERN USDA Z5/6 grown source in the USA or you will be just wasting your time . Best to you !!

FYI, Lagerstroemia=Crape Myrtle. Even the hardiest varieties would have trouble in Michigan.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks to both of you. The area that I will be redoing is not protected either
Thanks
Sandy

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Got your email Sandy and yes I will save you some seedlings.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Sandy,

I have some honeysuckle Arnolds Red seeds. I live in zone 3 so they are very hardy. Let me know.
Trailingon

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Sandy, I have purple leaf plum seedlings that come up all over the yard where the plums have dropped. If you still have those lilacs (I forgot all about them - sorry!!!!) would you want to trade for some of these seedlings?

The trees are hardy to Zone 5, as far as I know, and they are very pretty in bloom, and throughout the summer with their burgundy colored leaves.

Holly Springs, NC

Is anyone familiar with a tree called "Jacaranda tree"?
Would like some kind of information on it. Thank you very ElcieNash@ActPlus.Net

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.