Paper chase

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Several people in the "Bring one in..." thread mentioned the challenges of handling all the paper that sneaks, ever so insidiously, into our homes. From real mail, to junk mail, to childrens' school papers, to newspapers-magazines-catalogues, for some of us it becomes a pit threatening to swallow us whole! Some things should be saved, but for different reasons and different amounts of time. Some things need to go, but some of those things shouldn't really just go in the garbage (identity theft, anyone?) I've seen, read, and heard lots of good ways to store important papers, and how to decide what to keep, what to shred, and what to toss. I even have a file cabinet, all set up to handle the storage.

Turns out the real problem - for me, at least - is to come up with a simple plan for how handle the paper from the time it first touches my hands to the point that it would be tossed, shredded, or filed (too complicated, and I just won't stick to it).

What is your particular struggle with paper? Any suggestions?

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!