Simple pieces that require few tools

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I dream of making some simple (but elegant and finely crafted, lol) benches for my garden, maybe even a couple of small tables, a gate, and an arbor or pergola (what's the difference between an arbor and a pergola, anyway?) Okay, many of you have all kinds of tools that sound almost exotic to me, because I've only just begun to accumulate tools. I have a circular saw, a jigsaw, a cheapo imitation Dremel rotary tool, a broken router (don't look a gift horse in the mouth), a palm sander, a brad/small nail gun, a drill, a mitre box, and assorted hand tools (hammer, screwdrivers, saw, etc.)

I should be able to do these projects with these tools, right? (I'll be asking for your help with joinery.) Any ideas for other pieces that don't require a small investment in HD or Lowes, lol? Have you done any that you can show us?

This is a picture of a bench at The Antique Rose Emporium. I took lots of close-ups of the construction.

Thumbnail by maggiemoo
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!