Kirchhoff/Morss daylily sale coming soon

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

For those of you in Central Florida, David Kirchhoff and Mort Morss will soon be having a sale of the daylilies they're not taking with them when they move north. I haven't heard a date yet, but it should be a good one. I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested. Would anyone like to do this as a field trip?

Leslie

(Zone 9a)

I don't know that I can go, Leslie, but it sounds good. Daylilies do well in the yard.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Leslie,

Is that an Orlando establishment? I would like info as to the when etc. Maybe I can make it down that way.

Molly
:^)))

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Molly,

They're in Sanford. I'll post here when I learn something.

Leslie

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Yes, I would love to go. Please let us know.
I need more daylilies (yea right. LOL)
Jan...

(Zone 9a)

I thought it was in Sanford. To be honest, I drive perfectly fine here in Lake and Sumter Counties, but the farther east I go into Ocoee and Orlando, I become a nervous driver. Even Clermont is too congested now. I grew up in Philly, but we always used buses, subways, and the el. Here, nothing like that is available, so when the traffic gets thicker and there are more signals to watch for, I panic. My daughter does all the driving east of West Oaks Mall. If most of the driving can be done on the turnpike, I can handle it.

Orlando, FL

Hi.
I would like to go as I live in Belle Isle, fla. in Orlando. so let me know and I will try to come up that way. Its not very far from here up the freeway. Mary

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Leslie,

Do they have repeater daylillies or rebloomers? Whatever they are called.......

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi,

They're called rebloomers and yes, they absolutely have them. Here are pics of three I got from them last year that all rebloomed.

First Shaman's Magic................

This message was edited Jan 14, 2006 7:36 PM

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Next Imperial Dragon..................

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

and finally, Christopher Mead.

Obviously I'm into doubles. David Kirchhoff "specializes" in doubles and reds, but he and Mort Morss both have lots of great DL.

I'll send them an e-mail and see if I can get a date for the sale.

Leslie

Thumbnail by LaLambchop
(Zone 9a)

Beautlful colors.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

This website will be my economic downfall. Another way to look at it is that I am helping the economy.

There you go, it is okay to spend money to save money on daylillies because I am helping the economy.

I have talked myself into buying these "blooming" daylilies or, rather, these "reblooming" daylilies.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Here is another website to get you in trouble. It's the one from the folks with the sale coming up.

http://www.daylilyworld.com/

Remember, we are going to get bargains! None of those expensive ones now. ;)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

It seems as if leaving some of these daylilies behind would be like leaving one's children behind.

Daylily addiction seems as if it can be like any other addiction, expensive.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

I heard that!!!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I can relate to the idea that leaving one's daylilies is like leaving a child behind. We are in the process of relocating from Montreal (zone 5) to Fort Lauderdale (zone 10B/11). Here is one dailily I will sorely miss: Fée de l'Aurore (Daybreak's Fairy).

Currently, I only have to remember that all that is under 2 feet of snow and I feel better.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

I would definitely be interested Leslie. Karen

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Loursplaire,

Can't you dig up your children and bring them with you?

That daylily is so beautiful I want to kidnap it.

Karen, maybe I can get to that sale. Look at that website, though, like she wrote, sales would be all I could afford.

Canada in January? Nina, I think they even hold deceased over til spring.

Molly

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

ROFL, Molly. That's a mental image of the deceased. Sorry, I have irreverent humor sometimes.

Hey, I get cold when I go to Northern Florida. I suppose a daylily search and rescue wouldl have to be out of the question.

I am trying to get Karen, Nursestherapies, to the Butterfly Garden in Gainesville, as well as the Botanical Gardens. Do you ever go to either one of them?

Nina

Nina,

I am glad that bit of dark humor didn't offend. :^)))

I have only lived in this area since 12/1, only had electricity since 12/22 and running water since 12/23. We've been pretty busy trying to get a pump house built, put my plants in the ground and all the other things it takes to get 5 acres to seem like home.

I have heard of the botanical gardens in the Gainesville area and I certainly hope to get to see them soon. If you are planning an outing in this area, I would love to join you. And I will also try to make this one in Sanford if the timing works out.

I'm watching here for more info....with bated breath. I only have 51 or so daylilies, that's hardly none at all.

Molly
:^)))

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

You have inspired me to count my daylilies, as soon as I have uncovered my other plants that I was afraid would freeze.

I stay in Gainesville half a week each week. I will ask how the gardens look this time of the year. They are lovely and inspiring.

The Butterfly Garden at the Museum of Natural History is also inspiring.

Nina

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

Go ahead and set it up Nina, I will be there! Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.