variegated kumquat

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

My fruit on my variegated kumquat is almost ripe. I love the variegated leaves. When the fruit is green it is also variegated with stripes.

Thumbnail by rylaff
New York, NY(Zone 7a)

That's gorgeous!

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

My Granddaughter would love to have that, it is her favorite fruit.
Do you start them from seed, or a cutting, I will have to try to start one for her now she has her own home *S*

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have no idea. I got this from Lowes and decided to grow it in a pot. It has done very well. Perhaps it would grow from a cutting. Not sure if the variegation would hold if grown from seed.

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

I also seen this for sale at Lowes in Mobile,AL. I started to buy it myself!

Payson, AZ(Zone 7b)

Rylaff, how long had you had it before it started bearing fruit? I just got one from my nursury and I was hoping for fruit this year (wishful thinking I guess)

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I had fruit the first year.

Payson, AZ(Zone 7b)

oh yippee! Are you giving any special care / fertilizer? What kind of light do you have it in?

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Really pretty plant. What do the blooms look like? Do you have a pic of it with blooms?
Iooked up your plant in plantfiles and saw the variegated fruit. Neat!

Just curious.

Merae

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I see there are a couple of these plants for sale on the well known auction site, they are about $26

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I think I got mine at Lowes for about 20 or so. The blooms look just like any other citrus. Mine are in almost full sun. They are in sun until about four pm. I feed mine citrus fertilizer. I sure had alot of fruit this year.

Vernon, FL(Zone 8a)

We just bought one of these this year! We got ours from Home Depot though. We're hoping for fruit this year as well. We also have 4 loquats (spelling??) as well. They are delicious.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

My lowquat has lots and lots of fruit on it.

Vernon, FL(Zone 8a)

Ours are still small, but my dad's is loaded with fruit. I'm looking forward to making jelly with them this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.