Does anyone know the name of these luipines?

Mesilla Park, NM

I had 8 seeds the size and shape of large corn nuts. 4 have germinated. Again the seed was extremlly large and i believe the person that traded them to me (five years ago) said they were from Israel. Does anyone have any Idea where I can fine something like that. All the lupine seeds that I have here are small and need to be nicked and do not look anything like these that I described. Also, they already have their first set of true leaves going on their second and they are velvety to the feel and are all ready showing a bigger size than the norm. I've been researching the Giant Lupinus, but cannot find a photo of the seeds.

Any help will be appreciated. I will try to post a photo of the seedlings tomorrow.

Thank you.

Antoinette

somewhere, PA

Gonna post that picture? (I'm no expert... just a curious seed starter)

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Tammy,
I finally found my way back..

I love these new forums, but I am slowly finding everything.l

Here are a couple of photos of the seedlings, they are very furry, velvety and the to first clotydens (sp) are very succulent type and fat.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Here is the 2nd photo.
these were sown on 12/26 so they are young-uns..

Thumbnail by Gourd
Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Well, they sure look like lupines....will be interested to see exactly which ones. I was amazed to find how many different species exist in the US...let alone world-wide. Once they get a bit bigger, you ought to be able to type them.

Mesilla Park, NM

Thanks Weez,

It will be interesting when they bloom. We have some here that are wild lupines and since we get frost a couple of times a year (briefly), I guess thats enough to get them going. One visitor here was very surprised to see the lupines in the back field, hopefully someday they will reseed by the millions..lol. right now there are only a few.

A.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.