Edible landscaping in Alabama...Sea Buckthorn?

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

I got a Raintree gift certificate for Christmas! I've been working on my edible landscape and have already ordered some Cornus Mas and Cornus Kousa. I ordered goumis (impulse buy, know nothing about them!) I already have growing native and oriental persimmon, serviceberry, mulberry, paw paws, figs, pecans, apples, peaches, pears and plums, blueberries, elderberries, and blackberries. Sea Buckthorn is listed as growing in my zone; is it a worthwhile plant? How labor intensive is kiwi, jujube, aronia? Most of my plantings are 3-4 years old, so this coming spring will be the first fruit for many of these plants. I am working on the Garden of Eden here! (Zone 7-b)

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi there passiflora_pink! Like the sound of your "Garden of Eden"! I am working on mine too, since I bought this place, Sept 2002. Good luck on the sweet cherries you want. I totally understand!

I have sw cherries (ranier, stella, sw sept), w+y nectarines, apricot, mulberry, strawberries, blackberries, apples (gala + pink lady), seedless grapes and blueberries. Not sure what adding this year...

Will be fantastic for both of us when it is all producing! I lived in Ft Rucker and Ozark when I was down there. Best of luck with your Garden!! ~ Suzi :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.