Happy New Year Everyone

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

To all the Florida Gardeners! May each and everyone of you have a very happy "gardening" new year.

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

And to you too!! Karen

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Thanks Karen - although I don't contribute much to this website, I've met some wonderful people this year and have learned so much from this forum and Dave's Garden.

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

I am new but have already made friends and learned a ton too.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

juja and Karen...here's a Happy New Year to you both!
:)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL my friends here and those I hope to meet and share gardening lore!

My New Year's wish is that this wonderfully warm weather continue for another month or two! It would be great to make it through the winter without frost, but I'm not sure what that would do to the plants that need a bit of winter chill for optimum growth.

After about 3 years of just growing leaves in winter with no flowers, many of my paperwhite narcissus bulbs have finally rewarded me with tall spikes of white fragrant flowers in all the spots in my garden where I planted them (about 500 bulbs total!). They are at their flowering peak now. Those receiving the most sun are flowering best. It encourages me to proceed with my plan of underplanting my entire 1/2 acre with paperwhite narcissus and yellow tete-et-tete narcissus so that in some future decade, I can have a sea of white and yellow fragrant flowers in mid-Winter!

Jeremy

Happy New Year to everyone!! Hope is a healthy and prosperous one for everybody.

Val

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.