Shades of Spring Past...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, if it helps any, I think the last freeze we had killed my african daisies. :-( It tried to kill my anemone, but I saw more buds on it yesterday, so it must be coming back. I'm not too sure about the mums I planted last fall either, they're looking pretty well gone too.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

freeze & thaw--sounds like March & April here.

You know, I didn't know how many different colors of iris I wanted until I ran across DG. Such a lovely addiction to have...

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
(Zone 7b)

What's the name of that one, Wanda, that is gorgeous.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Looks like 'Bewilderbeast'...maybe?

Bingo. Bewilderbeast it is! I'm really enjoying my striped & speckled irises 7 added quite a few last summer to my gardens.

Tiger Honey

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Bewilderbeast is the Dykes medal winner for 2005! I love mine and my Tiger Honey, lost my original Tiger Honey and replaced it with 6, that's how much I like it!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

I really like all of the broken colored ones, too. Unfortunately, they tend to be more prone to rot than others I've had. With our rainy climate, I don't have a lot of success with them. :0(

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. My Tiger Honey has been going crazy the last couple of years and trying to take over a bed. Really startling in person.

Brazen Beauty is pretty but giving me fits. Prone to rot. I moved it to a different area and put it on top of a mound. we'll see how it does this year.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Brazen Beauty is a raving beauty!

Newfoundland, NJ

BEWILDERBEAST is not the Dykes Medal winner for 2005. Where did you hear that?
It's SPLASHCATA!
L

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Oops, I got my irises mixed up, I meant Splashacata! Thanks for that.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

so many iris names so little of my brain cells still
working
so i can remember who's who orwho's on first ? LOL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I still feel stupid! I must have been thinking Splashacata but typed Bewilderbeast probably because Bewilderbeast is one of my favorites!

(Zone 7b)

We forgive you, we're all just as senile, er, forgetful!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Senile, yes, that's it!

Senile? Works for me.

Wanda, will this brighten your day?? No more yard work for me.........

Thumbnail by mgh
Lebanon, OR

Not fair Mendy we got more in Lebanon...the ground has a layer about 1/2" or more and is mostly white...started about 10:00PM last night off and on, they say more today and tomorrow.

I was going to prune the grapes and roses today but guess that is not going to happen

D

Oh goodie, more snow!! Bllllaaaakkkkk

Lebanon, OR

I know so much fun, at least not to the point you have to shovel it! yipes on that one.

D

No snow last night--just lots of rain, thunder, lightening and HAIL.
Ahh. The joys of spring in Iowa.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

Snowing really hard here now. Big, fluffy white flakes that don't stick to the ground, but look lovely coming down! The best kind! :0]

Lebanon, OR

Laura

Big snow flakes this afternoon no sticking, but suppose to snow tonight and tomorrow. I am past antsy for spring

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Spring!

Thumbnail by doss
Lebanon, OR

Not fair Doss want it here. I am so sick of Winter this year, I want Spring NOW...
D

How's this for spring?????

Thumbnail by mgh
Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Doss, that pic is just beautiful!

Mendy, I didn't know you got snow! wow...

My daffodils and crocus are coming up and I have seen a small bit of growth on my iris... yippeeee.... spring is coming...

Hey stranger! How are ya??

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi there!!! come on yahoo tonight and chat awhile... k?

also.... here is the link to the MO RU.... check it out when you have time... it is so good to see ya... I have missed ya... s

K, I'll try to after I get my kiddos into bed finally. I've been lazing at the computer all day, so I really should try to get some stuff done, but I can chat for a few minutes. I've missed you too!

Where's the link?

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

oops... sorry bout that... http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/581918/

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Spring here too! Here are my first pictures of some of my gardens spring flowers...
It is really hot already too! Not sure I am ready for HOT!!
Janet

Thumbnail by JanetS

SPRING! It hit 65 degrees in my garden yesterday. Birds were singing & stealing garden debris as I hung birdhouses. Neighbor kids were all over the place & laughing. I uncovered my big garden Statues & moved my small ones out of winter storage.

I spent the day on my knees uncovering & trimming iris---covering daylilies. Boy, am I going to have LOTS of iris for the Iowa and Wisconsin Round Ups!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Cajun Sunset is beautiful! I have never seen that one! Thanks for sharing!!! All of them are just beautiful! I have some purple as well as a white blooming now...lots have stalks already shooting up. I can't wait!
Janet

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.