Messenger

Longboat Key, FL

Does anyone use it?

On what?

Results?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

flyboy, good to see you. i haven't seen you post in quite awhile and i always enjoy your insight. i have no idea what messenger is. computer related? plant related? happy holidays, debi

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Are you talking about Instant Messenger? Live chat?

If you are referring to IM (instant messenger), I use it all the time. As a matter of fact, I'm carrying on a conversation right now with a friend.

Longboat Key, FL

Sorry to be confusing.

It's the plant hormone that's supposed to work wonders.

I have some figs that could use a jolt -- and wondered.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll keep trying.

And Happy Holidays to all of you.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i'm sure you've seen this, but here is what i found. http://www.gardeningthings.com/sm/cimpublic/retrieve.cgi?dbname=gt&catalog_id=1.11.27

Longboat Key, FL

debi~

Yes -- and my sincere thanks.

I've been hearing claims about it, and, finally, decided to try it.

I've started my biblical garden -- figs and pomegranates. This is the start of the second year with them. They're reasonably happy where they're planted -- but once you've started eating your own figs, you can't get enough.

So, I want to spur them along.

Be well

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi,
I tried to get Messenger at my local Home Depot and they don't carry it. I wonder if Bayer 3in1 would work the same way? Does anyone know?

Leslie

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

hi leslie, long time no talk. jamie over in the rose forum told me about the 3 in 1 and i bought some but i will have to read the label tomorrow. it's like a systemic thing, i don't think you can eat the fruit from it. i will check and post tomorrow. the stuff flyboy was talking about, i found that site, but didn't read it. jamie swears by the bayers.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Sand,

How are you? Did you see the thread about a Central Fla. roundup maybe in the late Spring at my house?

The Bayers is fantastic for non-edibles. My roses, gardenias, etc. have responded beautifully to it. I also used it in the hose end sprayer when I had a bad infestation of aphids on my daylilies and it worked like a charm. It has fungicide, insecticide and food all in one. You're right, it's systemic.

I'm very intrigued by the messenger and want to give it a try. Thanks for the link.

Happy New Year everyone,

Leslie

Longboat Key, FL

I guess I'll take a deep breath -- and try it.

Thanks

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

here is a link to a site on dg i found today by accident. get in touch with thripmaster for additional info. good luck flyboy! http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/520133/

Longboat Key, FL

track~

That certainly sounds positive vis-a-vis roses, anyhow,

I'm still committed to trying it. I'll share some with you if you're interested.

Be well.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks for the offer, but i have stuff i haven't even opened yet and no garden to speak of at the moment. soon, tho, very soon. debi

Longboat Key, FL

Debi~

Well, I tried.

Be well

Brad

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

People --- Don't use anything systemic on food crops unless the label says you can! Messenger can be sprayed anytime as it is harmless to the plant.

Longboat Key, FL

Tplant~

Thanks. I hear you.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

LaLambChop....
~I know we've all been talking about a couple of Florida fields trips and Roundups in the various assorted threads and forums. When you're ready to have the one at your house, please start a separate thread, with the Central Florida Roundup as the title, and I'll try to send everyone to one set thread for info. We have also talked about a field trip to Lukas nursery, EPCOT Flower and Garden show, and Leu Gardens (starting maybe late January)
~Bayer has worked well so far, for me...I have not tried the other. Had a terrible spider mite and thrip problem this past summer for some reason, and it seemed to help.
MerryMary

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.