plant nurseries in pensacola

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

does anyone know which nurseries in the pensacola area sell heirloom
vegetable plants for the spring?

thanks, carol

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Carol,
I'm no help to answer your question, but I wanted to touch base since you're in Pensacola. I don't think there are that many members of DG in the Panhandle so I'm kinda' trying to keep track in the event we plan a trade or something.
Barbara

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Just to let you know about a swap that has been going on in this area for four or five years. Check the roundup forum. I just posted a note about setting the date. It takes place on the FL/AL line about 45 minutes north of Santa Rosa Beach.

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Oh, just fyi, we have folks from FL, AL, MS, LA, GA, TN, SC usually, and last year from Virginia and Michigan (I think it was), Canada, Germany. And we have lots of fun.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

This is one you don't want to miss.We have been there every year since it started.Ann and I attend 3 swaps each year but this is the best one.

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

thanks for all the info....ive never been to a ru.
what exactly goes on there?

carol

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Gingerlily runs this one.There are usually 50-70 people there.It's a good way to put faces to some of the people you meet on the forums.You can bring any extra plants you have for trading.If you don't have plants then bring any garden related items.If you have neither then bring your self.There are always literally truckloads of extra plants begging for homes.There is a great lunch(cheap),lots of door prizes,group pictures,and plenty of good fellowship.The date is to be some Saturday in April.Pam will post the date as soon as it is carved in stone.Many of the people traveling get motels in nearby Crestview Fl.The swap is in Florala on Lake Jackson at the Al-Fl line.Beautiful place,with good campsites if needed.

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

thanks, sounds like fun.
i'll try to fit it in my schedule.

carol

Tallahassee, FL(Zone 8b)

That was my very first roundup and I'm already making plans to attend again this year. I HIGHLY recommend this one.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

I believe Pam has settled on the 22nd of April as the "carved in stone"date.I hope to see some of you there.

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Yippee! Happy dance! I'm there...........and looking forward to meeting all of you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.