2nd Annual Southern Cal RU, July 8th 2006

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

The last RU was so much fun, with so many lovely attendees that we decided to do another. I'm announcing it this early so that all California DGers may have an opportunity to attend.

This coming year we hope to have as diverse and amazing a group as we were fortunate to host at the last RU here at Sunsprite Ranch.

Once again the ranch staff will be available to assist those in attendance with their goodies to and from their cars and there will be at least two trainers on hand this coming year working horses and allowing young ones to give the horsies a cookie...lol.

We apologize that no doggies will be allowed to attend as it took a week for our doggies to begin speaking to us after being imprisoned in the house last time....lol.

All two-legged DGers are welcome!

best to all and a toast to a marvelous new year in everyone's gardens,
Pam and don

"Where's our cookies?!"

Thumbnail by drdon
Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Wow, you must be a glutton for punisment...hehe

This is wonderful news Don and I'm so glad that you posted a date, so everyone can mark it on their calendars early enough.
You know I'll be there, other than a major catasrophe happening in my life.

Oh to finally be able to give cookies and pet your awesome herd. :-)

Donna

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Hooray!! It is on my calendar, palm pilot, and "hey dummy do this today" reminder on the puter. Did I mention the sign on the roof? Lol. Does a 5'10" 14 yr old count as a "young one"?

Janice

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya Donna and Janice,

If it weren't for the both of you, the last one would never have happened, much less be so much fun. And YES, a very tall teeny bopper counts as a welcome horsie visitor.

Both Pam and I are looking so forward to seeing so many DG freinds from last year and meeting as many new ones as wish to attend, trade plants, eat heartily, and just have some fun.

best to you both,
don

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Count me in! Looking so forward to it. July can't come fast enough.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I wish to come but I will be moving to Missouri...
I will miss you all DG groups again...

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

How exciting!!!! Count us in, We will be there, had so much fun last time!!!!!!
Annie

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya hanna1,

Super duper!

best,
don

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Don,
Please count us in (William DH and myself).. I know how it is with dogs. We just got back from a short trip and took two goldens with us. THEY had a great time too. My daughter's golden got mad at her for paying too much attention to ours and don't think that she is talking to her yet.

Hope to meet everyone.

Antoinette

San Diego, CA

Don, I am so there, does this mean I have to bring more smoked fish and Passion vines?
Mark

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

lol, yes please. That fish was incredible last time, and I'm sure you can work some nifty trades with some of the great Passifloras you grow.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey Mark,
Glad to see ya around again....it's been a while.

I also was a big fan of your smoked fish. :-)) You can come if you bring it again. lololol

How is the Amarylis doing this year? Have you had many blooms? My Constance Elliot is growing nicely and did give me some blooms already. Thanks again.

Donna

All the bulbs I received are growing, yea! I finally put them in the ground a couple of weeks ago, I can't wait to see them bloom!
Annie

San Diego, CA

Donna, the Amarillys (can't spell it) bloomed on the table in the garage. lol Anyhow, we put it in a pot and really enjoyed it. What an awesome flower. It is not in our kitchen with the leafs coming up.
thank you again,
Mark

LOL, I had forgotten where I put them, well, in the garage in a cubby, the leaves were all full and white, now sitting on my windowsill, silly me.
Annie

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Hey Frogs ..... want to start a convoy?
Mary

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

You read my mind. I no longer own a cb though. Can we do it with cell phones lol? Mark is just south of us so I am sure he will join in too.

San Diego, CA

HUH?????? What am I doing?
Mark

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Mark, you're doing what your mother tells you!!! LOL

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Mark we are talking about a convoy up Hwy 15 toward Temecula. Group of vehicles traveling together. Ummmm Ancient communication device called a CB radio was used. Lol

San Diego, CA

Geeeezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! I have so many Mom's. ok, Convoy, that could be fun. I don't have a CB so can I just yell out the window? Hey, I just remembered, we have cell phones these day's, who needs a CB? Hey, I just remembered again, I don't have a cell phone, now what? Back to yelling out the window I guess.
Mark

Mesilla Park, NM

Well, we could concoct those tin cans or paper cups with strings.. but then, we would have to go real slow (we wouldn't want our strings to cut from car to car)..lol.

Sounds like lots of fun guys..

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Use the Force......

you guys crack me up.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Mark, young man, you watch your language!!!
Mom # ?

San Diego, CA

Ok Weegy is my Mom #1.
M

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Now your mom is going to be mad at me!

San Diego, CA

my mom is in the stone age, she still counts on her fingers.
Mark

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Ummmmm, so do I. ;-)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

oooohhhhh I have a sliderule!!!!!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Should have kept mine!

San Diego, CA

It's funny. After making the "counts on her fingers" joke, I had trouble with something the other day. I do know how to figure out percentages on paper, but tried to do it on the computer calculator the other day and could not figure it out no matter how hard I tried. lol
Mark

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Need me to send you a teenager to give you a refresher course? Lol! My son might make off with your giant cat though. He is a cat lover and yours is a beaut.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Dr Don,

Good idea, planning early. We'll be there. Lots of time to start planning what eats to bring, too! Look forward to seeing everyone., including the doggies.

Kathleen

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Just make sure I have the food l link!!

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh most courageous day! Oh most happy hour!
(sorry I think I was channeling Shakespeare again)

Pam & Don, Thank you in advance for hosting the RU again

How exciting... this time Hardwood (AKA) Matt - M - Hubby, will be in country, in town, in attendance!
With M around chances are I'll be on time too (imagine that)

Add 2 more 2 legged creatures for July 8th

Dove

San Diego, CA

Froggy, my cat is now about 28 lbs. He's huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark

let me know when the 2006 ru will be.....

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya sheran,

July 8th, from morning until it ends. Hope to see you here.

best,
don

oh somepne please send me the info.. ill try to make it....

oh somepne please send me the info.. ill try to make it....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.