Let's Plan a "TO-DO" Calendar!

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

jasmerr,

If you have the time to organize the thoughts, why don't you do that, and send me a D-mail for each month in the format you would like to see it. I can cut and paste them into the correct months on my posts. Think that will work??

I've been extremely busy, but I can find the time to cut and paste!! Legit

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Legit,

We can do that, or I can transfer everything to a new thread and then delete the old one, if you don't mind having yours deleted.

I have everything ready to start a new thread; just didn't want to jump-the-gun.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2006 9:32 AM

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

No, I don't mind at all. Terry will probably have to delete mine for you. Legit

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Link to new Month-by-Month Journal: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/646186/. Please don't post in the thread, if you have things to add post them in this thread and I will transfer them. This way everything will stay in month-by-month order.

I have asked Terry to 'sticky' the thread.

Thanks,
Jody

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Jody,

My gosh, if I do all that, I'll be dead,,,,LOL Great job!

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Me, too!!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I figure I'm doing good if I get some things cut down when they actually Need to be and not when I can't stand looking at them any longer,,,LOL

I'm even going to (gasp) collect seed this year,,,May even get that seed started when it should be.lol

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi, everyone!

I have been going to make some changes to the journal, but it is locked and I am not able to edit my own posts. I have contacted admin.

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Jasmerr, when you are able to make changes, let us know when to prune trees and blooming shrubs. Several people have posted in here the times when they like to prune certain plants. Those are probably relevant to a "to do" calendar.

EXCELLENT IDEA AND FANTASTIC JOB, by the way. :)))

Thank you very much for your hard work!!!

-Joe

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Sorry...admin still hasn't fixed it so I can make changes. I sent a message on September 1st, but haven't received a response.

Jody

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Get after em Jody,,,,,this is important stuff,,

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Sorry, guys, we're still not fixed yet!

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Nothin' yet.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

One thing I always do before winter is to make sure my maps of plants are updated. That way if the markers are moved I will know what is what in the spring. Also if I am redoing any beds I will have maps to go by during the winter - like my shade bed here.

Thumbnail by bigcityal
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That's one thing I have to do. Have 2 beds that I have pics of for reference,,,but will have to rely on the markers this next Spring for the other 2. I can pretty much go down the list and get it pretty close to where they all are, in which beds and where in each bed.

Hey Al,
Thanks for the map,,,we'll know right where to go for what we want,,,LOL

Well, we had our killing frost so, the leaves went on the beds. Normally I like to wait a bit longer but Bill's patience wore out. I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. Usually there isn't a leaf in our yard, he's out there all the time mulching. He knows that I didn't loose anything last year (well, H. 'Little Caesar',,,he came up and then he ran away) and I'm pretty sure it was the leaves as mulch. Kept the soil warmer. Anyway, usually it's a major thing every Spring and Fall as to when the leaves go on and when they come off,,,he always jumps the gun. He's getting better though.

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Still nothin'!

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

What nothin'?

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Sorry...admin still hasn't fixed the "Month-by-Month" journal, so I can make changes to .

Jody

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My goodness its been since what September/?? What are they waiting for 4th of July?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL,,,nope, I think we're waiting for Jody to be able to get the thread in her name of which the higher ups are the only ones who can do that.

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

To make it easier I copied everything from Legit's thread and started a new one. The thread has been locked, so no one (including me) can post.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ah, I see

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

It took some searching, but I found and updated the UMW Month-By-Month Journal http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/646186/. If you have anything you would like added to the journal, please post it here and I'll transfer it.

Thanks,
Jody

Washington, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks, this is so helpful. I started a diary with the same idea in mind before I found this. Bet I get a lot more done.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Good thread here , interesting ..!!!
Thank you for the update

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.