South Florida nurseries after Wilma?

Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

Anyone scoped out how the nurseries along Flamingo Road in Broward did during the storm? I am needing to shop for many, many replacement plants and just wondered if their stock was up to snuff or I should wait a month or two.

I usually shop Jesse Durko's and Davis Nursery but am open to anyone in Broward.
Looking for a good variety of palms and shrubs.

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Seems most of the damage was blown over plants as I have checked out a few. Should be no problem for you.

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Our SF Galloping Gardeners visited Plant Creations in Homestead this past Monday. They were in great shape. They are only open M-F 8: 4:30.
It's a great place to get ideas. They have a good selection of native plants and others at very good prices, considering how difficult some of their stock is to find around here. Below is a link to their website.
http://www.plantcreations.com/index.html
From Fort Lauderdale it was just about an hour via the turnpike.

Ar

I went yesterday to Alexander's, they looked Ok. Missing a few trees, but for the most part the plants looked all right. Flamingo Road Nursery and most of the other nurseries looked Ok. I think you can go shopping without problems. The only one that looked a bit beat up was Davis ( I think that's their name) right next to Alexander's . Also, Jane's Herbs took a hit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.