Saving Catmint Seeds

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Can anyone tell me how to save catmint seeds? (not catnip)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Kathy, as I recall, the little blackish seeds sort of fell out when they were ready. You might try giving the branches a bit of a shake over a pie plate or something of that sort and see what falls out!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the information. I love that stuff, looks like it blooms way better than the lavender I had and looks somewhat the same.

(formerly kathys999)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Yes, I enjoy the look of catmint, too.

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

If anyone had any catmint seeds that they might want to send my way (for a trade or sase/sabse of course), two beautiful male kitties may or may not truly appreciate it. We are slowly working our way through the tried-and-true cat plants to find their favorites. So far catnip is out (only one cat responds but isn't a fan of fresh), lemon grass is ignored, wheatgrass is eaten but not as quickly as it grows ...

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Here's a search page for catmint in the trading section: http://davesgarden.com/trading/search.php?search_text=catmint&Search.x=40&Search.y=10

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I found someone that had it but he doesn't know how to gather it.. so thats why I asked here. LOL Someone teach this boy, I'm in need! Thanks again Weezin. BTW... i have a really big spot in the yard that is STILL blooming with petunias from the seeds you gave me. :) Those little suckers went all summer long. What a treat!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Well, that's great! Petunias just keep blooming and blooming!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.