mixed seasons

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Took a wander round the garden yesterday really looking to see whats happening really (not been doing much out there lately) and found all sorts of things flowering, some late, some early,and the weird thing was that there were some pigeons in the tree breaking off twigs...would they be nesting now?

A list of what I found in flower

Abutilons
Cannas
pelargoniums
Geraniums
Ostespermums
Shasta daisies
Fuschias
Diascias
Cosmos
Gaura
Ipomea
Begonias
Bizzie lizzies
Verbena hastata
Verbena trailing
Roses
Clematis-these all seem to have burst into flower again (maybe the moisture?)
Passiflora
Poppies
Daturas
Cleome
Sedums
Agastache
Shasta daisies
Anemonies
Hollyhocks
Salvias
Laurentias
Astrantias
But the two oddest ones are ones that seem to be flowering early, the yellow Jasmine (winter) and my Euphorbia wulfenii has the thick buds ready to burst open.

Abutilon with the winter jasmin behind

Thumbnail by sueone

Clematis flowering more now than they did in early summer

Thumbnail by sueone

salvias still going strong

Thumbnail by sueone

Wow that's a lot still going Sueone, we're all going to pile around your house for that extra bit of summer LOL.

Funny you should mention that your Jasmine and Euphorbia are budding early, yesterday I saw our Viburnum x bodnantense 'Dawn' in bud, I'll have to go and look at the Jasmine now, it's under a Honeysuckle so I haven't checked it yet.

I haven't been outside today, it's been bucketing with rain and strong wind. Last night was a little chilly so we covered the Hedychium which we think may be spicatum but not sure (which also strangely has buds), Umbrella Tree, Eucharis, Babiana and Fuchsia pots with clear bin bags. Another thing that is in bud right now is Delphinium requienii which has flowered well this year. When I get a chance I'll brave the weather and see what's still going ... that is if the flowers haven't been pulled off by the wind ;)

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

A Red Admiralhas just landed on my dining-room window. Looks to be near the end of its life though. Trees are becoming bare though; not long till winter. But after winter spring follows!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.