Need help with investment Q?

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I have been with my company for 1 yr and have the option to due their 401k plan with JPMorgan..
I looked at their website and am alittle confused about what each means..
Can anyone help me? I can provide the list if needed.
Thanks,G4B

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi G4B, I wish I could help but I woul'nt know either.....I do know that it 'can' be a good investment, I'm in a 401K through my company but I woul'nt know 'how' to invest my and my company's contribution. I did read somewhere that a person may grow it faster by tapping into the stock that comes from real-estate ----- true or not ... I have no Idea, it made sense to me though since property value goes 'up'. One thing I can tell you is that you wont 'miss' the money you are putting in and most companys match what you add. Good luck, Jill

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi G4B,

Have the same thing with Bill right now,,,he's eligible 4 his co's 401K and it's like reading Greek. Sorry,,,wish I could help you....

Hey ne Investment Planners out there willing to give freebie advice ??????,,,LOL We'ld b glad to hear from you.

Sioux City, IA(Zone 4b)

Garden4Birds, check with your company to see if there is a rep. from JP Morgan that does consultations. I have a 401K where I work and the investment company has a representative for our area that comes in a couple times a year for individual meetings. I can also contact the rep. on my own and have her come to my home. There is no cost involved in my case, check to see what your companies situation is. A rep. can be real helpful in helping you to determine your risk tolerence and help you with choices that will be comfortable for you. I have found the 401K to be a good way to put away (and earn)money. I agree with momof2d, really don't miss the money and the company match is a nice feature.

Porterfield, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey all, don't miss out on the opportunity! Especially if you are not money savy, and not inclined to do anything else on your own. There may or may not be better ways, but none will happen without your active participation, 401K is something you can set up and let it go on. You should try to learn as much as you can, but it's still a valuable asset, even if you don't understand it fully.

I'm just a regular person like you, trying to do the best I can, not a professional, but I will tell you that I wish I had tried harder when I was younger, but the younger ones don't want to hear that, retirement sounds like forever away, but trust me, it's not!

I agree that you may need as much guidance as you can get, and someone from the company can help guide you, ask your company human resource person if you don't know who to contact.

You should contribute as much as your company will match to maximize on their contribution, and if you think you are not gaining, look at your investments again at a later date, these things have cycles.

A good person to listen to for information is Suze Orman, she is pretty straight-forward, and has tapes and books, all available in used copies on Amazon. There are many other straight talkers on the subject of money too, do yourself a favor, and do some reading or listening on your way to work!!

I hope I have encouraged someone to make the move, do it now! Legit

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.