Maps Marking Where Members Live

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

caitlin,

Here you are.

Kelly

Thumbnail by GardenGeek_WI
Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Looks like I have the map of southern Ontario all to myself.....kinda lonesome....surely there must be others??? They might find their way here yet,lol.
Thanks again Kelly and the butterfly map really lays it out nicely.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Erynne,

Yep, u r the only one in that area so far. ViolaAnn and sanannie r North-West of u.

I like the butterfly map,,,,shows everyone at once.

Kelly

Fort Dodge, IA(Zone 4b)

Kelly,
I'm in Fort Dodge, Iowa...west of I-35 on Hwy 20

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

IN,

I could swear that I had u on that map,,,I'll check it out on my puter and git er done. LOL

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Well IN,

I thought I did,,,I have to admit,,,,however,,,I was incorrect (mind u not wrong,,,,roflmbo)

Here you are.

Kelly

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Kelly, you are doing a super job of placing people on the map. Don't know if you can move me down a smidgen from Ellsworth or not. I live 30 miles south of there off of Hwy 10 federal hwy, I should have said.

Great to see where every one lives. Beats running to get out the atlas that we travel with.

Maxine

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

kelly, i live 2 miles past coshocton, on us 36 and 15 miles from i77. belinda

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Maxine,

Is this closer to where it should be?

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Belinda,

Here you are,,,did I get close?

Kelly

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Close enough!! Thanks. Wish I could be looking over your shoulder when you are doing all of this. Love to learn new things on this puter.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Maxine,

Come on over,,,,lol,,,I'm using a program called PhotoStudio 5.5,,,it came bundled when I bought my digital camera,, http://www.arcsoft.com/products/photostudio/ ,,they offer a free tial,,but I would think you could find a simple photo program free online. Maybe try www.download.com or www.filehippo.com and look for free photo imaging software. You want something that includes layering.

Everytime I add someones name I use a layer,,,that way I can move things if I need 2. The lines and x's are all on one layer, I can choose that layer, select the line or x and move it. At first I just wanted to get everyone on so I didn't take time to learn the program,,,didn't use layers and couldn't move anyone,,,now have re-done all the maps so they are all layered and can move at will. LOL They do have to be saved in 2 formats, 1 that merges all the layers so I can upload to DG faster, and one that doesn't merge the layers so I can move things around if necessary.

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Iowa updated with zonedenial

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

kelly, i'm on the side of the circle. belinda

Tiffin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm in Tiffin Oh. County seat of seneca co. if that helps- Thanks, MWhit

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Belinda,
Hope I got you closer now.

mwhit,
There you are, hope I got u close.

Kelly

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Garden Geek,

This is a GREAT idea. Tell me, where do the Dakotas fall? Are they not midwest as well? If not, what part of the US would they be in?

I love seeing where everyone lives.

Inanda - always looking for someone near the 48th who would act as a post office for receiving shipments.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Inanda,

I guess I never thought about what part of the country they fall into,,,I've just always thought of them as the Dakota's LOL. I can add both to our maps if ne1 from there is interested.

It is fun 2 c where everyone lives. I enjoy doing it also.

Kelly

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Kelly, how far out of Eau Claire on 29 do you live? Refresh my memory as I can't remember how far out Owen is.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Maxine,

I am about 60 miles East of Eau Claire,,,about 40 min to my house when u get on 29 at Chippewa Falls.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Geek, I live just a smidgen to the left (west) of Brodhead, WIS. It's at the bottom of the Wisconsin map. It's Monroe, but Monroe isn't on the map, which surprised me, since Monroe is about 5 times larger than Brodhead. LOL

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Anna,

Here you are.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Anna,

I drive through Brodhead whenever I visit my sister. She lives in Durand, IL.

Jody

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I've been to Brodhead a few times. I used to have a friend who was from there. In fact, her dad was mayor. But that was about 15 years ago.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Hey Kelly...a suggestion here...I think it might be time for a new thread so you can put the new maps on top and edit them up there. (The Dakotas are part of the UMW...at least HALF of each one...and don't take the 1/2 out of the 'middle'! LOL)

~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

julie,

I was jes a thinkin' the same thing,,after 146 posts,,,it's getting a little long,,,,I guess great minds think alike,,,ROFLMAO
Was going to do that last night and just was too tired to start the new thread,,,will be doing it 2day tho

Aw,,,how come I can't take the half out of the middle???????? UR no fun,,,LOL Actually I haven't had anyone from the Dakota's ask 2 b put on a map,,,,,,I will if they do ask tho.

Kelly
Edited to add,,,,I'll git er done later on tho,,,have 2 get ready for work.

This message was edited Nov 4, 2005 9:23 AM

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

You WORK!!! (LOL & j/k)

~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Only when I have to,,,,LOL,,,

Those darn customers still don't want to do their own hair when they come in,,,,can't figure it out???? LOL

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

New Map Thread is here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/555242/

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Quoting:
You WORK!!!
That's how I feel about myself sometimes! LOL

I'm at my computer often throughtout the day and very good at multitasking. (I'm also my own boss!)

Jody

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Jody,

Same here,,,have a Salon in my home, so in between customers,,,can have laundry going, vacuum, dust,,sit at puter (this is the one I prefer),,,

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Dusting! Yuck!!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

That's why I prefer the sitting at the puter LOL

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

DUSTING!!!
I thought that activity went OUT with the cavemen!! (I know it did in *my* house!) hehehe

~julie~

River Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

Add me, too, please! I'm in the far bottom right corner of Wisconsin--between the freeway and Lake Michigan, just above the border of WI/IL. So glad you started this--I'm fairly new to serious gardening, and having so much fun learning!
Lauri

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi Lauri,

Welcome, & nice 2 meet ya,,,,you will have TONS of FUN learning here on DG,,,there are some great people around here, knowledgable, fun, generous, and just plain goofy,,,,,Always something fun going on. No problem adding u to the map, I will do it in the new thread tho. Here is the link to the newer map thread. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/555242/

Kelly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.