Maps Marking Where Members Live

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi All,

Well, it was thought to be a great idea to see maps of where we all live in proximity to each other,,,,so,,,being the Geek that I am, I took it upon myself to "get er done". Here is what I have come up with so far. I can update as everyone checks in. I just need the town u live in.

Hope these are all at least pretty close so far. The members name is on there with a red line ending at their location,,,or pretty close to it LOL,,,hey, nobody's perfect,,,close,,, but just not quite roflol

Kelly

This message was edited Oct 27, 2005 9:49 AM

Thumbnail by GardenGeek_WI
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Now, Here are the individual States

Wisconsin

This message was edited Oct 27, 2005 9:49 AM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Minnesota

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Illinois

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Iowa

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Michigan

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Kelly you are doing a super tom-terrific job! And it's so much fun to see where everyone lives!!

Thank YOU!
~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Missouri

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Thank-You and You're Welcome

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Nebraska

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ohio

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ontario

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you Kelly!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

toni, YVW

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Kelly,

Thank you for doing this. Would it be possible, though, for you to use a map that includes ALL of MN so that our southern MN members can be represented?

Laurie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Lauri,

I can try a different map provider. When I got the map from Map Quest I tried to get the lower slice but it wouldn't give me the just the map with out going to the whole region of all surrounding states.

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Got a new MN from a different site. Hope these are close. LOL

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Kelly ~ Been gone over a week and missed so much! This forum is a fantastic idea and I look forward to participating. Great work on the maps. Only one correction to the NE map - it should read jh_gardens for the Lincoln area, not jh_friend ;~) Judy

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Judy, No problem, http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/553649/

Moby,,,R U trying 2 get me in trouble here ????? ROFLOL

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Here we go,,,changed to jh_gardens

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Also, I won't forget my friend Susan (9kittymom),,,she lives in OK and I wanted to include her here also LOL,,,Making her an honorary member of the UMW Garden Forum.

Kelly

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Thanks a bunch, Kelly, looks great!!

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

wandasflowers and Linda_Iowa live in Cedar Rapids, IA please add them.

Can you figure out where the center point of our members would be? For future RU possibilities?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

mg,

Have added both to the map. UUUUMMMMM, I'm thinkin' the center point probably is in Owen, WI,,,,roflol

Kelly

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Who do we have to talk to to get this thread put up as a 'sticky' so it stays at the top of the thread list? I think it definitely belongs there...at least for a little while.

Kelly, I think you're created a MONSTER here. hehehe
~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL @ julie,,

Don't know who that would be,,,,,,

It's all Legit's fault,,ROFLOL,,,,,well,, I shouldn't say that,,,she thought it would be a nice thing to see where everyone was in proximity to each other,,,so,,,,the Unbelievably ANAL personality I have, just WOULDN'T let it go and HAD to say,,,,,"Oh, I'll work with that a little",,,,well,,,,,it has mushroomed so I can hardly keep up,,,,but,,, that anal personality also won't let me not keep up,,,,so,,,,I'll keep plucking away until all who want 2 b r on the maps,,,LOL,,, the things I get myself into,,,,,OIY VEY,,,

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey neat Geek!! How do I get my name on the map?? I live about 1/8 in south of grand rapids. Wish I was as computer savey as you!!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

sarv,

How's this ??? Not That puter savvy,,,just like to play LOL

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Did a little more playing whahahah,,,here is a "regional" map,,,,all the cute little lime green butterflies mark where we have members so far,,,,at least they should be close,,LOL ,,hey, it gives us Some idea LOL

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Kelly,

I'm in Merrimac; just south of Baraboo along the Wisconsin River.

Jody

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Jody,

How's this? Thanks 4 letting me know

Kelly

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Can I be put in the map? I just found this forum, how wonderful of Dave to do this for us.

Ashton IL is just south of Oregon, slightly west of I 39, slightly north of I I88.

Looking forward to reading all the posts from the other Upper Midwesterners.

Eileen

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Eileen,

How's this? Close enough?

Kelly

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

That's pretty darn close! Thanks Kelly!

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Close enough, Kelly.

Here's a map I made to put on a website for my daughter (she is traveling through the south central states.)

Jody

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Map didn't attach the first time; let's try again:

Thumbnail by jasmerr
Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Eileen and Jody,

Thanks,,,I know some aren't right on,,,but some r too hard to gauge the Exact spot,,,at least they're close and we get the general area where everyone is.

Nice map for your Daughter Jody.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

I only posted it because, like you, I like to play with the computer! LOL

Jody

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

hey geek - I'm on the map - many thanks!!! (do you give private lessons to mac users?)

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Cool, thanks Dave! And Thanks Kelly too!

While I'm here.........any of you had sucess sowing poppy seeds directly in the soil? Do you do it early spring or right now OR do you do it indoors in Jan/Feb?

Sorry for the questions, I've not had any luck what so ever with direct sow.

Thanks in advance, Jill

This message was edited Oct 27, 2005 7:56 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.