The Joke Thread

Bloomingdale, OH(Zone 6a)

Let's try to keep them here, altho I know some football fans might need directions......

deleted so as not to offend.

This message was edited Oct 26, 2005 10:36 AM

Pretty good! I'll have to remember that given I'm a fan of anything from Cheeseland!

Excelsior, MN(Zone 4a)

ROFLOL!!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cheese went bad on Sunday.
I know, I know, wait until next time!
Bernie

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Bernie...please *don't* encourage her. LOL

~julie~

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Which one ?

deleted so as not to offend.

This message was edited Oct 26, 2005 10:36 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Clap-clap.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

MG...blaphemous...BUT funny! LOL & LOL
~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

mg,

Quit deleting all those,,,,if anyone is offended they don't have 2 read them. I didn't get through them yet,,,too busy workin on them maps LOL

Kelly

Kelly, I have racked up a few too many warnings lately, and I got sick of people running to Admin instead of just Dmailing me with their concerns.

I would be happy to Dmail you the jokes I had posted, but I won't be posting any new ones. In spite of the tattletailing, I really value my DG membership, so I just won't share my particular brand of humor here anymore.

Such is life...lol.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

mg,

AH,,,,,I C,,,don't blame you. Have had a warning myself once.

Kelly

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Mg - I'm sorry you have been dealing with this. I do wish people would dmail first before notifying admin; keeps things friendlier.

Jody

Amen Jody!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Ditto that!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

So tell me, what kind of jokes have to be deleted (ie: not posted). Politik jokes or scatological ones? -new word there maybe -.

Inanda

Anything Political is a big no no.

Everything has to be clean enough for a 13 year old to read.

I'm still not sure why some of my stuff was deleted by Admin, but I deleted my jokes on here cuz I was PO'ed, and they prolly would have been deleted at some point for something anyway. I've read and re-read the Acceptable Use Police, and I'm still not sure about stuff, so unless I can tell the joke to my 6 year old, I'm not gonna post it anymore.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

mg,

Have read the AUP myself and have 2 agree with u,,,I had a warning once for a couple of words I used,,,,I like spending time on DG with all the "friends" I have made and I don't want to get booted,,,, I had a couple good jokes (ones I would actually tell my Pastor) but was scawed to post them,,,,,,and so it goes.

Kelly

If it had been my first warning I wouldn't have been so PO'ed, but it was my 6th, and I've only been here since JUNE! AND it had been on the thread for almost a month before it got deleted and I got warned, so it had to be a lurker and not one of the regular posters on that thread. That is what prolly gets to me the most.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Has anyone *heard* the things a 13 y/o tells or says *these* days??? I'd be afraid the 13 y/o would LAFF at ME because I didn't understand the jokes THEY tell! :-D

(and a 6 y/o ....ummmmm...not sure that they're not smarter (read that MORE knowledgable) than me, too!)
~julie~

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I bet it was,,,,I have been warned in e-mails by some "friends" here at DG about some people that I should watch out for,,,,very sad that ppl have nothing better 2 do than snitch. It would have made me mad also,,,,after a month,,,come on,,,,had to be snitching or it would have been pulled sooner.

I was wondering at first if each Forum had an Admin. person reading every post in every thread,,,,,,LOL,,,,,but figured that was way too paranoid on my part,,,then I thought maybe some people take offense and go to Admin. with it,,,,oh, well,,,,they have nothing better to do I guess.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

julie,

We must have been posting at the same time,,,,u got that right,,,,,,and T.V these days ,,,OIY,,the words they use and the inuendos sometimes make Me blush,,,LOL and I have been accused of having a mouth like a truck driver roflol,,,but now I keep it like a church mouse LOL

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Oh well. Don't think any of mine would be 'suitable' for DG.
Thanks forthe warning.

/About 15 or so of us were booted off or warned on a quite freewheeling garden list a couple of years ago so we have formed our own list. All 19 of us. We sometimes joke about wondering if the FBI is monitoring us.

Inanda

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Inanda...don't you know we're ALL being watched...ALL the time? LOL

Kelly...hmmmm....a "church mouse?" Somehow that just doesn't seem to fit. :-D

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

julie,,,

LOL

Well,,,,on DG n e way,,,,don't want another warning,,,,I like chatting with my new friends,,,, trying to watch it all the time n e way now LOL,,,still slip up,,,old habits are hard to break,,, Can't teach an old dog new tricks,,,take your pick,,,,LOL

Thornton, IL

ROFLM*A*O
O
M
G
Garden Geek a mouse? No way hosanna! Oops, is that a *reference*? (Eyes jumping like I had a coffee injection) There are no lurkers, are there, here?? I too have been warned, it's not that I have a potty mouth, too opinionated sometimes for my own good, so don't feel bad. There are many too easily offended, makes you wonder, wouldn't want to be at THAT dinner party!! BTW, How do you "see" how many hits a particular thread gets, not just posts? I couldn't find that info., was just wondering.

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

So a blind guy walks into a bar........no I'd better not tell that one in case somebody sees it.....
.....hmmmm, okay.......maybe this one......

Knock Knock...

This message was edited Nov 15, 2005 12:39 AM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

PG,

O.K., O.K.,,,,LOL I guess that was the wrong analogy.

Never thought of how many hits a thread gets as compared to posts,,,don't know if there is a way to find that out. Would be interesting to know,,,maybe d-mail Admin. and ask them if they keep track, if there's a counter on each thread?

Kelly

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I'll bite,,,Who's there?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Can't tell

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

There used to be # of views. It was taken off to save space on the server. It was interesting to see how many people visited a thread.
Bernie

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Bernie,

That is interesting,,,,Thanks for the info.

Kelly

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

......so he sits himself down to have a wee drink of something.....like a Margarita.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Yeah?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

(yer supposed to keep up with my knock knock so I can get this other joke told)

okay as I was saying.....then over comes the waitress and he's says would you like to hear a joke?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Sure,,,Knock Knock?

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Who's there?

Jokes are great so sure I'd love to hear a joke she says. Ok says the old man. It's a yellow-haired joke if that's okay and you won't be offended.

This message was edited Nov 15, 2005 12:34 AM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Erynne?

Don't be leavin' me hangin' here,,,LOL

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

oh, yes right.....um ....Orange!

"Well I guess you can tell it", the waitress says, "but there's five us who work here that have banana-coloured hair ....my boss has flaxen hair, the bouncer has golden hair, the dishwasher has fair hair, the bartender has sunshine hair and I have light hair".

This message was edited Nov 15, 2005 12:32 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.