Suggestions on the Uber Spotlight Page :-)

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Without a date stamp, the intro on this page quickly became outdated. Danged if the PlantFiles haven't grown a lot in the past several months/year! ;-)

I'd like to suggest a few things for consideration if you choose not to add a date stamp, especially since this is visible to the public. Here are some examples, and I'm using underlines only for emphasis:

1. Make the number of members who contribute to the PlantFiles be a function of the real-time one, perhaps rounded off a bit?

Quoting:
PlantFiles is unique among plant databases, because it is based on the collaborative efforts of more than 12,000 users.

2. Replace the "Earlier this year" phrase with the actual year in the second paragraph.
Quoting:
In 200x, we began recognizing contributors (whom we've affectionately dubbed "Uber Gardeners") who have demonstrated an uncommon level of commitment to helping make PlantFiles as complete and thorough as possible.

3. Also in the second paragraph, replace the "This updated list" phrase with a time of reference.
Quoting:
Early 2005 brought three more UBERs to the original list, and once again we find several more members are close to joining the ranks of these contributors.

4. Similarly, time frames for when certain Ubers came on board might need to be revisited; the term 'recently' may not still apply in the same sense...

Just sharing a collection of thoughts that have arisen with the recent enhancements to the PlantFiles. Remember, ya'll started it. ;-)
Donna

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Good suggestions. It's also a good nudge to revisit the totals to see who may need to be given the UBER designation, and update all the current UBER profiles ;o)

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Just a quick update: the current Uber profiles have been updated and the cumulative numbers of all PF contributors has been run. I'm running several new names have bubbled up. We should have an announcement of the new Ubers very soon.

At the time they're added, I've also provided Dave with a new intro (thanks, Donna!)

Spokane Valley, WA(Zone 5b)

Thank you for taking my ideas into consideration, Terry! And after your last teasing post, I sure was happy that we didn't have to wait too long for the new Uber announcement. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images