Hurricane prep

Freeport, Bahamas(Zone 10a)

Just wanted to show my priorities with Wilma heading my way.........all plants are already cared for, or at least the ones I could lift on my own! House is set, food and water are set, and then all my babies are set!

Thumbnail by lpakosh
Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I see quite a few of my plants there but I have about 15 times as many. Most are on their own.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2005 10:07 AM

Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

My living room....

Thumbnail by Cearbhaill
Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

And the other end....

Thumbnail by Cearbhaill

Wow, don't know if my hubby would let them come into the house........we could always store him in the garage! LOL!!!! Here is the latest photo of the garage, as of noon today! There are still a few little odds and ends that have to go in, a couple of pots of cuttings, palms etc....and of course my tiny little veggies have picked this week to sprout in the garden. Hopefully everything will be okay. When I stand in the garage I try to imagine all the creatures that are now in there with me. I have lizards everywhere now, which I don't mind since I view them as pets! Its the ants and spiders that kinda kill the moment for me!

Thumbnail by lpakosh
Russell, KY(Zone 6b)

My garage is already running over what with the larger potted trees, outdoor furniture, tools, and assorted Rubbermaid storage trunks/shelves/sheds.

I have too much stuff. Everytime this happens I swear that I will do something about it but I always just buy more plants and pots!

But that is the whole fun of it.....the next pot or the next plant.....it is an addiction that you can never stop! Last year my collection fit on the floor for the two hurricanes, this year I had to buy shelves! LOL! Stay safe!

Lisa

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Luckily, most of my potted plants have been moved to my property or nearby to there. So today after work, I went seed hunting. Better to get them before they are blown all over the county.

Tomorrow we will put the awnings back down. Everything else has remained under cover and secured since the last storms went through.

Although the direction this comes through may cause the winds to come at us from a different angle. We have been spoiled through the ones in the past 2 seasons. My patio has been protected from the winds so we have spent a lot of time out there. Not sure how this one will go.

Molly

You can't move in my garage. Like you Clearbhaill, I got too much stuff in there and every year I say I have to get rid of this before hurricane season. Well, it's still there plus with upteen orchids, pots, cuttings, patio furniture, plastic containers etc. A big mess!! LOL
I will get rid of all of it this time I promise...

Sure you will, that's what we all say......or at least what I say to appease the hubby! LOL!

Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Ipakosh, could you please tell me what the plant is that is on the floor - there are two of them - the ones with the big light green leaves? It looks almost like a tree in a pot and then right next to it is a smaller one in the clay pot? Thank you! I love the leaves so much - I have to have it!

I think I know which ones you are talking about. The small ones in the clay pots are plumeria seedlings, about 7 months old now. The one that looks like a small tree with the big leaves is a papaya that my husband got for me from the golf course that he plays. It is flowering right now, I hope we get some fruit on it! It is a really cool plant, it looks so cute with the big massive leaves. I hope those are the right ones. When you look at the pic they are at the bottom left, correct?

Ok,
Here are pics from hurricanes 2004. These were taken in and out 3 times in 6 weeks.
Never again. LOL These are the garage and house.

Inside Garage

Thumbnail by budgielover

Dining/Living room

Thumbnail by budgielover

more dining/living room

Thumbnail by budgielover

On TV

Thumbnail by budgielover

another shot.

Alot of these are now in the ground and on their own.

Thumbnail by budgielover
Port Saint Lucie, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Ipakosh, thanks for the response. I thought they looked like papaya but they look a little different than the ones we have here in FL. Maybe just a different type or something. Not sure. Thanks though. I love big leaves like that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.