S. Oreophila question

the pot that actually concerns me. It as sent to me only a month ago and although I repotted it, it is pretty much in the exact same condition it was sent.

Dode brought me a bag of sulfur. Do I need to use it?

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Morgan Hill, CA(Zone 10a)

Lauren-

Your plants look to be in very good shape. The phylodia are very healthy looking except for the last pic. That one looks a little worn, but that could be because it's a small piece. So for the record if some of your phylodia turn brown or die away I wouldn't worry too much. If ALL of them die off then I believe something is wrong.

Yup, the last photo is the plant that concerned me too. Not much I can do about that one. It came to me in that condition in early October and hasn't done much of anything other than to hang out and look as if it is ready to cross over to CP heaven. Should I sprinkle a little bit of sulfur on it as a prophylactic before I tuck it away for the winter in the garage?

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

Humm I think the best approach for saving the last plant is to pack it up very nicely and then send it out to Sherwood, MI. With-out-a-doubt the best choice!

If you want it, it is yours but I'm thinking it's a long shot and touching it now would be the kiss of death for sure. What about one from pot #2 next spring? The plants in pot #2 were by far the most spectacular of all the oreo I have. They were nice and stocky.

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

I was being sarcastic, I have a couple of oreos doing just fine. So no need to send one. I would love to find a chunk of S. oreophylla 'Donald Schnell' someday but will live with what I have right now. Thanks though. Im sure it will come through for ya.

You were being sarcastic? Twenty whips with a wet noodle. So you want the Donald Schnell, eh? You and everybody else on God's green earth wants one of those. Well, I am told the original plant is dead. One clone being grown by the person who had an original is alive but I was told straight from the horse's mouth that it isn't exactly thriving and it is out in a bog somewhere and may or may not be able to be found. Rumor has it there were a few other plants from the same location out there as well as a few clones out there... somewhere. I have given up on this plant. I'm thinking it's futile.

Sherwood, MI(Zone 5b)

Ouch news like that hurts. Its too bad, what a wonderful looking plant.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.