Tampa Bay Flower Show in January 06

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Anyone got the latest Florida Gardening Magazine and noticed the info on this show that is going to be held on January 19-22nd in St. Petersburg? Last year I was unable to go, but for $10.50 I sent away for tickets for this one. Anyone interested? or have any feedback on if it is worth attending.

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

I'd like to know what goes on there - right down the road from me.

Steve

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Steve - I'm not much into formal gardening, etc. but thought this may be worth stopping by for to check out new plants, products, etc. and I didn't think the $10.50 was a bad price. Also was looking to find someone in the area that can give us some great nurseries to check out. I thought I'd get a group of gardening friends together and make it sort of a "gardening/plant finding trip" :-)

Juja - there's a plant show/sale in Dade City this Saturday (Oct 22). The thread is in Florida Gardening somewhere - I just saw it tonight. If I find it, I'll D-mail it to you. Maybe I'll see you there!

Juja - found it:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551717/

Steve

Juja

I'm not sure where Lake City is. I know of a nice nursery in Zephyrhills. Good selection of healthy plants, reasonable prices, and expert advice handed out freely.

I also know of a guy who runs his nursey out of his house. He has hundreds of trees on his property, of all types. If you can catch him at home, he's more than willing to give you a tour - and he's extremely knowledgable, when it comes to trees. I bought a Bismarck Palm from him, and I love it. He's in Tampa.

Steve

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Steve - Lake City is in Columbia County in North Central Florida - it's where I-75 and
I-10 meet. We are about 4 to 4-1/2 hours from Tampa.

Have been watching weather and don't know what's going to happen this weekend with Wilma - stay safe if she is coming in close to you.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Do they say where the one in St. Pete is being held.
If it's the same one as last year, I didn't go but heard it wasn't worth the admission. It was at the Expo Center on US 19. in Pinellas Park.

There are some beautiful large garden displays there. There is a limited amount of plant vendors. Last years show Disney had a large topiary display of the Lion King characters, seven feet tall. excellent. We might be selling our plants there. J.& P. Nursery. Fun to go and see.

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

JoGrow - I got word that this was cancelled for this year - I sent in registration fee about a month ago and never have heard from them - my friend called and they said something about too many restrictions for vendors??? I'm going to try calling next week.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Some nurseries to check out in the area, or on the way would be:

Bay Gardens - www.baygardens.org
Exotic Plumeria - www.exoticplumeria.com
Kirbys in Seffner

We're on the waiting list for a booth, so if we get one, please stop by and say hello.

Chris

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

I thought it was cancelled !!! I've never received tickets or any information on this and I've sent away for it months ago.

Chris - thanks for the nurseries - my friend is going for sure and I will be sure to pass on this information.

Judy

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

I just called and checked, and it is indeed cancelled. This would explain why they never contacted me about the waiting list

Chris

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Chris - thanks for verifying - Do you have a nursery? My friend is still going to the Tampa area at that time to go to Selby and check out some of the nurseries in the area, and I can let her know and have her come check it out.

Valrico, FL(Zone 9b)

Don't have an actual nursery, but I import flower bulbs from Thailand primarily, and re-sell them via our site and Ebay. There's not much to see this time of year though, as everything planted is dormant, and inventory doesn't start arriving until the end of January.

Chris

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Chris - sounds great - I haven't purchased anything on Ebay yet - but things have been tempting - I'll try to look for your posts the beginning of the year and try it - my hubby buys old Harley motorcycle parts all the time on Ebay for his 69 scooter and so far has had good luck and not been ripped off.
On plants - I'm always looking for unusual and pushing the zone type of plants.

Judy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.